Cutspy.cre, Observe.cre

Diana

There are some very small areas in BG2 like the Ilmater Temple, or Smethy's Prestige Pets in UB where you really cannot spawn party members to watch a cutscene unnoticed.

I tried to do a cutscene with the Bioware ingame cutspy.cre to watch a cutscene in which the CutSceneId was "cutspy" who was created in advance. The cutscene ran to completion, I can hear the PlaySound wav file going off, the viewpoint never changes to AR0408 but remains where Player1 and the rest are. If I change it to CutSceneId(Player1) it works but you can see Player1 lurking because the area is so small. Any suggestions, please?

IF

True()

THEN

RESPONSE #100

CutSceneId("cutspy")

StorePartyLocations()

LeaveAreaLUAPanic("AR0408","",[323.577],0)

LeaveAreaLUA("AR0408","",[323.577],0)

MoveViewObject("SLILMATS",INSTANT)

FadeFromColor([30.0],0)

Wait(2)

ActionOverride("Dkido",FaceObject("SLILMATS"))

PlaySound("Kido9")

DisplayStringWait("DKido",~Blah~)

FadeFromColor([30.0],0)

RestorePartyLocations()

EndCutSceneMode()

END

Tough request. BioWare faked this in the movie cutscenes by making a small corner of the area passable (even though it's all black mask, the party sits back there while the movie is going on).

I don't think you're going to easily work around this with scripting. You could always try editing the search reference and just sticking the party in the lower-left corner, I guess.

Does adding MoveBetweenAreas() work (for the cutspy, before the cutscene ends)? (Or LeaveArea(); basically, anything to get the cutspy back to the start area before EndCutsceneMode().)

I hadn't tried your suggestions - the cutscene just didn't move from the NPC party. I'll give it a shot later as I have a save game but I don't have much hope - the area is just small you can't hide a 'party member'.

Oops. I didn't even understand your question.

I don't think you're able to move the view area without actually moving a party member there, sorry.

And, yeah, I don't think there's enough space (even offscreen) in the temple of Ilmater map to hide anyone.

Do you really need to move the players to the cutscene area?

If yes, then you can still use the avatar removal opcode.

I would really like to move Player1 to the cutscene area (and did so). As for the avatar removal opcode stuff - I'm not a WeiDu/BiggDu Ninja, nor do I understand the more advanced mechanics of IESDP. :)

Archived