Xan romance won't start

serenajora

I saw another thread re the Xan romance not starting, but the problem there (German version of the game with no TotSC) doesn't apply to me. I was able to romance Ajantis without difficulty. I started a new game with a new PC to play through the Xan romance. I didn't install anything new; I didn't uninstall anything. :p

My elven kensai has int 16 or 18, wis 14 but Xan won't start LT. There was no LT after leaving the mines, nor anything after that. Any idea why? Can I use ShadowKeeper or CLUAConsole somehow?

Thanks!

Guest Guest

Do you have Xan romance component installed?

Have you started your game after installing BG1 NPC with Xan romance?

Aren't you romancing anybody else? Coran, Ajantis?

If all correct, hmm... Elven female PC should do it without any trouble.

Try uninstalling and installing Xan romance component and starting a new game. Maybe it'll help.

- Kulyok

Just thought I'd add a post here. I was so far along in the game before I realized the Xan romance wasn't working that I continued on to find Coran to see if his romance work. It does! No idea why Xan's didn't work. I reinstalled it and will start a new game with a new character to see if that helps.

I know there are restrictions on the Xan romance, I believe you must be an elf (or possibly a half elf). There may be others too, so that could be the problem.

I searched the forums and found the following restrictions: elf or half-elf, int 14 (16?) wis 13.

My PC meets these requirements. Are there any other restrictions? Charisma or alignment, perhaps?

BTW, Big Rob, finish that Aklon mod already! :p Can't wait!

Those are it, I think. this could be a fully blown bug, so you might have to preserve your saves and wait for Domi to get back...

And thanks, I'm gettng there. Play with Xan first though, you wouldn't want him to get gloomy now, would you?

Do you have Xan romance component installed?

Have you started your game after installing BG1 NPC with Xan romance?

Aren't you romancing anybody else? Coran, Ajantis?

Until you have answered these questions, I do not see how we can help you there.

If you started a new game qith elven/half elven protagonist (no CHA/INT/WIS requirements are necessary) after installing BG1 NPC Project with Xan Romance component(timers in and everything - I suspect you might have installed the timer incorrectly) without being in a serious relationship with Coran or Ajantis, and Xan Romance would not start - then yes, it is a bug. However, I strongly doubt it.

As I already said, try to uninstall Xan Romance component, install it again and make sure you got the timer correctly, for example, like this: Xan Romance Speed=1 hour. Then start a new game. It should work after that.

Yes, I had the Xan romance component installed.

No, I did not have Coran or Ajantis in the party.

Yes, I started this initial game *after* I installed the mod. I also started a second game with a different PC after reinstalling. Still not working.

I believe the timer was installed at 45 minutes. I'll set it to an hour when I reinstall the romance a second time. I forgot about the timer business the first reinstall. Didn't realize it would foul things up.

It should not really matter what timer your romance is set on. Would you be able to save your game just before you collect Xan and send it over to domi_sotto@gibberlings3.net? I am not sure what is going wrong there, and would like to investigate.

Thanks for the offer. I thought about the timer issue a little more and now I can't be certain that I had it set for 45 minutes. If I didn't set the timer at all, the romance wouldn't start, correct? I *think* I set it at 45 minutes. Unfortunately, I can't test the theory because I can no longer start BG at all. :p I'm having problems with tutufix that I'm trying to sort out. *Sighs sadly*. Anyway, I don't want to waste any more of your time until I'm sure that it's not something I've done wrong. Hopefully I can fix this tutufix issue soon (if all else fails, I'll garbage everything and start over) and try the Xan romance again.

If you did not set the timer (did not select one of the options), it authomatically will be set to 1 hour. I don't think that there is a way to avoid compiling the script files that guide the romance, so this will not be a concern. Please, do not hesitate to post any time, we will try to figure it out. The rare issues are more often than not indicative of bugs in the mod structure, especially in a big mod like this, where half-a-dozen of testers have less of a chance to replicate every possible party/circumstances configuration. User errors usually are of the screwed up dialogue talk variety or incomplete installs. :p

Archived