Maztica Revisited

Troll

Yep, easy enough - the trick is to not add your kit to any K_X_X file.

For example, from the morituri tp2:

BACKUP ~morituri/backup~
AUTHOR "Aroc (Ioannis Mantzouranis, aroc@otenet.gr)"
BEGIN "Morituri Kit version 3"
ADD_KIT ~morituri~ 

/* this is the name of your abilities 2DA file, in the style of
* clabrn02.2da */
~morituri/morituri.2da~

/* These are the 2da files listed in KITTABLE.2DA that you want your kit to
* be a part of. List as many as you like. */
~K_f_H ~

/* This is the "unusable" value you want for you kit and also the class
* value. These would normally appear at the end of KITLIST.2DA */
~0x00008006    2~

...~

The KITTABLE.2DA part which states K_F_H will add the kit to be selectable for a human fighter at startup.

Example from the Chloe tp2:

ADD_KIT ~YRKENSAI~ /* this is the "internal" name of your kit, like
                 * BERSERKER or LATHANDER */

/* this is the name of your abilities 2DA file, in the style of
* clabrn02.2da */
~Chloe/YRKENSAI.2da~

/* These are the 2da files listed in KITTABLE.2DA that you want your kit to
* be a part of. List as many as you like. */
~~

/* This is the "unusable" value you want for you kit and also the class
* value. These would normally appear at the end of KITLIST.2DA */
~0x00000004     2~

As you can see the part between the two ~ has been left empty here in the KITTABLE.2DA block - thus no K_X_X files will get updated and the kit won't be selectable at startup by the player but can be attributed to an NPC.

Hi Grim. Just wanna know, how do I attribute a kit to the NPC?

You patch the creature with Near Infinity or WeiDU, but that requires knowing the kit number. The easiest way is if your kit is compulsory for your NPC, install the kit, then assign it your NPC when you creature your NPC in game.

Also, please don't take other threads off topic just in order to get people's attention. It's extremely rude.

I think my Jaguar Knight kit is a pretty nice class, but other more experienced players might not think so. Tell me what you think, I'd greatly appreciate it.

He's pretty much a Stalker, gaining some wizard spells at 9th level (acid arrow, improved invisibility and spider spawn). He has the ability to change into a jaguar once per day every three levels. When in jaguar form, he gain +20 to stealth and hide and +3 to backstab. His claws act as a plus 2 weapon. At 13th level he gains +1 to hit and damage with all melee weapons and can change into a greater jaguar, which hastes him, adds+ 35 to stealth and hide and gives him+4 to backstab. His claws act as a plus three weapon. At 15th level he gains immunity to acid and poison damage.

Well I really don't get your joke but... there are disadvantages. He can only use traditional Maztican weapons, ie Spear, Sling, Darts, Axes (in place of the Maca), daggers, short bows and maces. He can't have three prof in two weapon fighting like other rangers and he cannot charm animals. He can only wear studded leather armour.

Archived