Mithril rings?

First let me commend you on making a fantastic mod here!

Anyway, I decided to play through Baldur's gate with an evil party so that I could see some of Xzar's ... interesting ... dialogues.

When I found a mithril ring, Xzar started a dialogue about how we could enchant it, but needed help (or something like that; I don't remember the dialogue exactly).

I am now approaching the end of the game, but have not yet found any way to enchant the rings. Where, if anywhere, can they be enchanted?

From looking at X#XZQU.D and NI, it looks like you need to talk to Halbazzer Drinn in Sorcerous Sundries with either a mithril ring or some dryad ichor to start things off; to complete the ring it looks like you need

(Ichor of the Dryad of the Cloudpeaks + Mithril Ring+Money+Halbazzer Drinn) multiplied by factorial (true understanding of the depths of depravity to which evil can allow humanity to sink).

The last factor is not really there --- I just always play goodie-two-shoes! :p

We planted three mithril rings in the game because we did want to create an impression of a rare but not magical item. The driad's ichor on the other hand is a one of a kind item.

And yep, Xzar collects one more disgusting item and makes a great use of it - try the encounter with the Schlumpsa, the Sewer King in Baldur's Gate and then venture in the Undercellar. Good family enetertainment that. :p

We planted three mithril rings in the game because we did want to create an impression of a rare but not magical item. The driad's ichor on the other hand is a one of a kind item.

And yep, Xzar collects one more disgusting item and makes a great use of it - try the encounter with the Schlumpsa, the Sewer King in Baldur's Gate and then venture in the Undercellar. Good family enetertainment that. :)

I've collected the "Vial of Vile Extract" and I've already made the Ring of Mental Defense, but after going to Halbazzer a second time and talking to all the people in the Undercellar, Xzar has yet to say or do anything about Schlumpsa's icky bits and my extra mithril rings!

I'm sad; did I do something wrong? My reputation is kind of high right now because I'm trying to buy stuff at a cheap cost--perhaps that might be the cause?

Help, please!

(By the way, the BG1NPC mod is the greatest thing ever. I've always rushed through BG1 to get my chars to BG2, and now that I have Tutu and the NPC mod, I've created three different characters to muck around BG1 all day!)

Thanks again for your help.

Archived