HELP! Wild Mage can't use a sling

benedictify

I have EasyTutu, I've installed Degreenifier, Tutufix, EasyTutuNPCKits, and TutuTweaks. I created a new Wild Mage character at the start of BG1, I went to the store in Candlekeep, and the sling was redded out. I bought one, tried to equip it and it won't let me. What's wrong???

Hello -

I have EasyTutu, I've installed Degreenifier, Tutufix, EasyTutuNPCKits, and TutuTweaks. I created a new Wild Mage character at the start of BG1, I went to the store in Candlekeep, and the sling was redded out. I bought one, tried to equip it and it won't let me. What's wrong???

Actually, I've seen this "wild mage can't use items" issue reported a few times before. I can't duplicate the behavior on unmodded EasyTutu. On my currently running game, I have the following Tutu Tweaks (v16) installed...

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #0 // Adjust Evil joinable NPC reaction rolls

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #40 // Avatar Morphing Script

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #43 // Weapon Animation Tweaks

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #55 // Commoners Use Drab Colors

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #58 // Icon Improvements

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #83 // Add Bags of Holding to BG1

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #89 // Reveal City Maps When Entering Area

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #92 // Add Map Notes

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #126 // Force All Dialogue to Pause Game

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #129 // Use Valen/Solaufein Style Interjections

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #132 // Remove Baldur's Gate Experience Cap

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #141 // Universal Clubs

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #142 // English Only: Description Updates for Universal  Clubs Component

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #162 // Sellable Staffs, Clubs, and Slings (Icelus)

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #185 // Shapeshifter Rebalancing

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #219 // 100% Learn Spells

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #228 // Unlimited Gem and Jewelry Stacking

~SETUP-TUTU_TWEAKS.TP2~ #0 #237 // Make Bags of Holding Bottomless

...and still can't duplicate the issue. Is it possible that one of the remaining tweaks could be causing this? I certainly don't mean to point fingers or anything; it's just that I know there are probably a lot of REGEXPs at work in the Tweaks.

I ran into this problem in SoA as well. My wild mage not only couldn't use a sling, but couldn't use a dagger, several wands, or ANY spell scrolls ( :) ). I posted the problem at Sorcerer's Place, and someone said it was a problem with the Expanded Dual-Class Options component. I uninstalled that, and it did indeed fix the problem.

So much for my wild mage-thief dual class. :D

Archived