Changing kit description for npc

Guest Daeva

Guest Daeva

Right, sorry if I'm just being simple (more than likely) but, basically, I am in the process of coding a new npc and kit. The kit is a sorceror kit, starting with sorceror class and applying effects, however, while I can change the title, I can't see how to change the kit description.

It is not meant to be a selectable kit so I don't want to permanently change the sorceror kit desciption, only in the specific instance for this npc - can it be done?

Any help would be appreciated. Tah.

Are you using the ADD_KIT command to add this kit?

If so there is a bit of code at the end of the command which is three lines beginning with SAY. In Cam's example code it looks like this:

SAY ~Silverstar of Selûne~
SAY ~Silverstar of Selûne~
SAY ~SILVERSTAR OF SELÛNE: Description cut due to length~

That last one that says 'Description cut doe the length' is the description (which he hasn't included because it's too long). Just put your description there e.g.

SAY ~THE NAME OF MY KIT: This is the description of my kit...~

Guest Guest

Sorry, I obviously didn't quite explain properly - I'm not actually creating a new kit (since as far as I'm aware you can't kit the sorceror class) all I'm doing is adding some effects into the npcs .bcs file that give certains advantages / penalties.

In weidu there is a command "CHANGE_TITLE" (or something along those lines - I'm afraid I can't remember exactly) that does not affect any instance of that title other than the one specified - I was wondering if there was a similar thing such as "CHANGE_DESCRIPTION" but I can't find any on IEEEP.

Alternatively, if anyone could tell me how to create a random kit under, say fighter-class, that has all of a sorceror's abilities that would be even better, though I was under the impression it couldn't be done . . .

Thanks for replying, btw.

Tah

Guest Guest

Right, checking up on it, the change title comand is in dltcep and can be used as a spell effect: Text: Change Title [290]

Archived