Making a item of knock

Question

Oh. Well, this should work: Give the item a 'while equipped' grant special ability, and as a parameter that should have the name of a new knock spell (so while its equipped it gives the special ability). This new knock spell will be a copy of the original knock spell except when its cast, it grants special ability itself (i.e. when you cast it, it adds itself again).

I think that'll work but its when you do strange shit like this that you uncover little quirks in the engine that don't do exactly what you expect.

Edit: Oh and for the record, that's an obscenely overpowered item.

You have the icon set to SPWI207 - this image does not exist (which is probably a major factor in why no image shows up)

Try setting it to SPWI207A.

On a side note - the Check function in DLTCEP will tell you about this error, and lots of others. So use it please.

Is there any reason why you want this to appear in the special abilities section rather than the item abilities section? Because if you want the latter, once again I recommend copying an existing item and changing paramters one by one. That way when/if it stops working, you know the exact step that caused the problem.

Archived