Xzar's dialogue is boring the party to sleep!

Guest marbre

Guest marbre

I posted this in another topic; no response so I'm posting as a seperate topic.

No, really. Whenever my PC initiates a conversation with Xzar, he starts talking to imoen and then after several banters back and forth, the campire comes up and the message "your party has slept 8 hours." Must be an error.

It looks like a banter that should have happened at rest did not trigger during your game and become "cached", ie stored waiting a chance to show up. When you clicked on Xzar this dialogue fired. Try again to initiate a dialogue with Xzar. It should bring up the Xzar's normal Player-initiated menue (or, if more dialogues cached, it will bring up another unfired one). Dialogues do cache from time to time (when rest got interrupted, when you moved the party just when the character wanted to talk to you etc), so it is usually a good idea to click-talk NPCs regulary to clean it up in case it happened. We try to minimize these occurences, putting extra checks on the dialogues that tied to specific events (which prohibits the dialogue from chacheing after the party say, left a specific area), but in case with Xzar-Imoen's banter it must have been coded to happen at "some" rest, not at a particular rest, so it stays cached untill fired.

Archived