Tribute to Branwen

EiriktheScald

On a slightly-related topic -- EiriktheScald, I know you are enjoying the playing side of things, but if you ever decided to do some writing for the game - well, Garrick is a good companion, but his personality type is more of a midaevil jester or jongleur. BG2 has an awesome Celtic/Gaelic female bard (whom I adore);

As far as I know BG2 does not (and I know BG1 does not) have a good solid Poetry-Chanting, Isorhythm-Weilding, Nobly Romancing, Epic-Writing, Heroically-Inspired, Fiercely-Grinning-While-Head-Bashing Scald.

Seems like you have one as your PC, but your alter-ego might just be destined to wander the Sword Coast without you...

Seems like you have one as your PC, but your alter-ego might just be destined to wander the Sword Coast without you...

Your kind words are encouraging. ;) I must say however, the superb job done on the Branwen character is what inspired me to write such musings here. Were I to write for an NPC, it would surely have to be a collaborative effort. I'm more technical, less creative. But if inspired, I could probably do it. Hmm.. I will think on this. :rolleyes:

Poetry-Chanting, Isorhythm-Weilding, Nobly Romancing, Epic-Writing, Heroically-Inspired, Fiercely-Grinning-While-Head-Bashing Scald.

I like how that rolls off the tongue! ;)

"There is a festival east of Nashkel. Many people are gathering there."

I saw you for the first time

Midsummer Fair, I noticed you standing there

Stone eyes cannot cry; of fate, sigh

I could not look away

Wondering how long the passage of time

Looking forlorn; how long in stone born?

Oh, warrior maiden, no one knows

For you, today is like any other day

I could not abandon you to time

He calls you a Princess of the North

Looking for a buyer; a willing savior

Himself uncaring, if you remain this way

The moment I knew the first time

That it would be alright: a smile, at last delight!

Blue, as the Summer sky, your eyes met mine

And I could not look away

Thank you Kulyok, Domi :rolleyes:

I'm glad you liked it. :rolleyes: I must say, I was a little uncomfortable with her questions later on -- the whole deal with Sarevok's ambush and all.

*SPOILER*

*SPOILER*

*SPOILER*

Do I avoid her question entirely, or revise my story? No, I couldn't do that. It did not feel right to reply in jest either. So I simply told the truth... fearing rejection. Her reply was a relief to my "ears": "You have displayed your valor in battle... And I am content with your explanation" (something like that).

[Edit] I forgot the awkwardness a new relationship sometimes experiences. Is this what you were reaching for? Nice touch. Very poignant! ;)

Well, seeing how the topic is "Tribute to Branwen" I can't see how you can possibly be off :rolleyes: If you'd like to share it with wider audience, the fan-fiction forum might be fun for you to try out as well.

I guess yeah, if you'd like to preserve your lyrics, which are good,

both G3 fanfiction subforum, or Attic (gamejag.net), or fanfiction.net, or PPG fanfiction forum are all good places, too. Here it can be lost among the comments - but I, for one, am enjoying them anywhere, certainly.

Guest Guest

Not sure if this is an error, but need some clarification nonetheless. LT9, I think. What is the correct interpretation of *pins* in this line:

It relieves me somewhat to hear it from your lips. I confess I am not without my own *pins*, as I find my heart is strong but not unyielding.

Archived