Which gods would you like to see?

NiGHTMARE

Some people think that Myrkul's presence within the Crown of Horns is enough, even though he's an (almost?) dead deity - he only grants spells to those that have touched it since the Time of Troubles.

true... some of his essence is in the crown of horns however some of his essence is also in that particular plane i think it's the ethereal plane?? so his essence is sort of seperated. actually one of the requirements to become a horned harbinger is to have touched the crown of horns. :)

Yeah, that's what I was saying about granting spells to those who have touched it. :)

I don't think there's been an 'official' explanation of Myrkul's state, and don't know if there will be. Perhaps in the Crown he retains enough power to grant spells to mortals. Or perhaps it's Jergal performing some small rebellion against Kelemvor, or perhaps it's Velsharoon trying to gain more power?

I just was saying that that was a requirement of horned harbingers not just regular priests and such of Myrkul?? I could be wrong. :) but you are right they haven't really said. but i think i read somewhere that he had some essence on one of the planes i don't have any source books here so I don't know. Velsharoon that's possible :) It wouldn't hurt since the followers of Myrkul would boost Velsharoon's power now that they 'might' be getting their spells from him. Since the gods power now relies on numbers of followers after the time of troubles. wasn't Jergal serving Bane, Myrkul, and Bhaal after he gave them some his power not sure about that?

Yeah, but I think the only worshippers of Myrkul that get spells are the Horned Harbingers. :)

As for Jergal, he used to have the portfolios of Death, The Dead, and Strife but gave them to Bhaal, Myrkul and Bane respectively, so he's just a Demigod now.

Aerdrie Faenya is the patron of avariel.  However, since you can't actually choose to be an avariel, I'm not sure it would be a good idea to include her.

However, a few other non-Avariel elves are clerics to Aerdrie.

Archived