Compatibility and known issues

Meira

' date='Jun 19 2007, 01:50 PM' post='90215']

UPDATED 6.6.2007

Old versions of The Rogue Rebalancing Pack should be installed before Amber. I haven't tested it, but it's possible that this issue has been fixed in the new version of The Rogue Rebalancing Pack (v3.5).

What exactly was/is causing a compatibility problem between RR and Amber? I'd like to resolve this in the upcoming v3.6 if it's still an issue.

The previous versions of the RR overwrote the black-market thief's (located in the thieves guild entrance hall) dialogue file. Amber appends that file and if she's installed first her changes are lost and one of her quests won't work. The issue was discussed in this thread. When the issue came up RR seemed to lack current support and that why I didn't contact you then. I haven't yet checked the current version of the RR to see if the issue has been fixed, although the version history mentions that overwriting has been fixed for this version.

The previous versions of the RR overwrote the black-market thief's (located in the thieves guild entrance hall) dialogue file.

IIRC this was mostly fixed in v3.5. Essentially, the problem arose when I was coding v3.11 (back in 2003.) and at that time I had no idea how to make an existing dialogue pause the game so I simply recompiled it with a 0 value after BEGIN. ;) As of v3.5 I use COPY_EXISTING ~BMTHIEF.DLG~ followed by WRITE_LONG 0x30 0 to achieve the same effect and afterwards I simply append the rest of my dialogue.

However, v3.5 still has a tiny bit of leftover code from the earlier versions which REPLACEs a small part of the BMTHIEF dialogue (state 0 to be precise). No worries though, that code will no longer be present in v3.6 since I now prefer to use less destructive WeiDU commands like ADD_STATE_TRIGGER and ADD_TRANS_ACTION in all of my .D files. ;)

Update:

The incompatibility issue has been completely resolved in RR v3.6.

Edited by aVENGER_[RR]

Well, i was wondering if there's anyway(even cheating) to get Amber even if u already been on city prision b4 getting her quest.

Cus, i just screwed this up and my last save game b4 being on city prision is like inside the stupid dungeon b4 releasing jaheira and misc.

If there is anyway plz lemme know xD Im having a hard time trying to use the Shadow Keeper, but as far as i found out, theres no way to change this by there xD

Thanks in advance =]

Guest temujin_

not sure if these have been reported and fixed already but...

the area script M#AR02.bcs has a few InActiveArea("") checks (not sure what this function is trying to do) that causes game to crash even when you CLUA in. commenting them out seems to be a temporary solution.

there is an incompatibility issue with the SCS II mod component #3071 (Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas) that causes another gamebreaking crash in the same area (M#AR02). the items in containers 7, 8 and 9, after getting patched by SCSII, turn into null items... maybe SCSII is at fault here, but the other 6 containers are patched correctly. something wrong with the items or the indices maybe..

not sure if these have been reported and fixed already but...

the area script M#AR02.bcs has a few InActiveArea("") checks (not sure what this function is trying to do) that causes game to crash even when you CLUA in. commenting them out seems to be a temporary solution.

My game doesn't crash on that area. Are you saying that your game crashes both when you are entering the area with your party from the previous area and when you CLUA yourself there?

I don't offhand remember what those checks are there for, but I think they're vital in moving the guards and Lorraine around.

there is an incompatibility issue with the SCS II mod component #3071 (Remove unrealistically convenient ammunition from certain areas) that causes another gamebreaking crash in the same area (M#AR02). the items in containers 7, 8 and 9, after getting patched by SCSII, turn into null items... maybe SCSII is at fault here, but the other 6 containers are patched correctly. something wrong with the items or the indices maybe..

There was some issues with mods that affect ammunition, but I'll have to search for that report (and what was done about it).

Guest temujin_
My game doesn't crash on that area. Are you saying that your game crashes both when you are entering the area with your party from the previous area and when you CLUA yourself there?

I don't offhand remember what those checks are there for, but I think they're vital in moving the guards and Lorraine around.

well, i started a new game (either in SoA or ToB) and CLUAed to M#AR02 for testing purposes because NI was reporting this as a corrupted area (after SCS II patches it). But even without SCS or any other mod installed, the game still crashes when you CLUA in. it seems because of those InActiveArea("m#lorraine"), !InActiveArea("m#yclbm1"), !InActiveArea("m#ygspm1"), etc...

well, i started a new game (either in SoA or ToB) and CLUAed to M#AR02 for testing purposes because NI was reporting this as a corrupted area (after SCS II patches it). But even without SCS or any other mod installed, the game still crashes when you CLUA in. it seems because of those InActiveArea("m#lorraine"), !InActiveArea("m#yclbm1"), !InActiveArea("m#ygspm1"), etc...

So, it crashes (even without SCS's missile component) when you CLUA yourself to the area instead of entering it "legally". It might very well be due the fact that the creatures called m#ygspm1 etc. haven't yet been created and made global (with MakeGlobal()). They're part of Amber's quest and are created for the previous area. I'm not terribly interested in addressing this issue (and I probably even can't really if it's due the fact is suspected), since it doesn't affect the normal gameplay. I'm sorry that it makes testing more difficult.

The ammunition issue is a different matter and I'd like to solve it. I'll still have to look out for that previous report, though.