trouble installing

Guest ahardi01

Say, would it help if I posted a list of my installed mods?

Well, regarding the bug discussed here that prevented installing the mod, the only relevant question seems to be whether you have Weimer's Item Upgrade installed or not. I suggest that you try to do identical installs with v. 1.1 (now available) on both machines and see whether that fixes your problem. If not, then we'll continue trying to figure out what's wrong.

Say, would it help if I posted a list of my installed mods?

Well, regarding the bug discussed here that prevented installing the mod, the only relevant question seems to be whether you have Weimer's Item Upgrade installed or not. I suggest that you try to do identical installs with v. 1.1 (now available) on both machines and see whether that fixes your problem. If not, then we'll continue trying to figure out what's wrong.

Yes, I have Item Upgrade, and that's probably the culprit.

And I will definitely download and install on both machines and see if it works, but I won't be able to do any play testing until this evening, by which time it will be pre-dawn your time.

Other NPCs installed are Auren, Saerileth, Kelsey, Keto, Xan, Solaufein, Valen. While all these mods are installed on both computers to avoid the messed up dialog.tlk file problem I had earlier, it's unlikely we'll be playing with any of the above in the party, since my significant other detests Kelsey, Keto, and Xan (they're installed because I like them, and play alone sometimes) and he doesn't want to bother with the others at this point.

Yes, I have Item Upgrade, and that's probably the culprit.

And I will definitely download and install on both machines and see if it works, but I won't be able to do any play testing until this evening, by which time it will be pre-dawn your time.

Other NPCs installed are Auren, Saerileth, Kelsey, Keto, Xan, Solaufein, Valen. While all these mods are installed on both computers to avoid the messed up dialog.tlk file problem I had earlier, it's unlikely we'll be playing with any of the above in the party, since my significant other detests Kelsey, Keto, and Xan (they're installed because I like them, and play alone sometimes) and he doesn't want to bother with the others at this point.

Yes, for your inability to install, it most certainly is. And am I right in suspecting that the first time around, when you had the problems with messed up dialog, the installs on the two machines were not necessarily identical?

If that's the case, you should be fine and dandy with v. 1.1 if you just make the installs identical and install Item Upgrade before any other mods that alter Cromwell's dialogue (we will try to compile a list of them at some point). If you have only WeiDU mods and there are no other mods that need to be installed first, the safest bet is to install the Item Upgrade first.

Once again, I have unintentionally followed your advice.

Since so many of the NPC mods seem to reference Weimer mod content, I make it a point to install the Weimer Mods first, and usually Item Upgrade is the second mod I install (selected components of Ease of Use is the first.)

Downloading now.

We'll see how things go!

Archived