Amber Feedback (Spoilers!)

Guest Bons

Interesting. I hadn't noticed that that little machine was operable, nor that Lorraine used it. But I did notice a typo in the machine's description: ~The main part of the strange-looking machine seems be a large tank filled with some kind of dark green substance.~ (seems *to* be) :)

Interesting. I hadn't noticed that that little machine was operable, nor that Lorraine used it. But I did notice a typo in the machine's description: ~The main part of the strange-looking machine seems be a large tank filled with some kind of dark green substance.~ (seems *to* be) :)

Well, it may not be all that obvious that Lorraine uses it, depending on where she happens to be standing after the battle; she should, however, walk next to it (or the metal post-like part of it that is connected to the tank by wires/tubes) before releasing her son. We might consider adding a text over her head as she does it, describing in more detail what she seems to be doing.

And yeah, we'll fix those typos for version 2. ;)

We might consider adding a text over her head as she does it, describing in more detail what she seems to be doing.

Not a bad idea at all. It's often very difficult to spot such actions in IE games.

But anyway, last night I was replaying the last two chapters in order to test certain things, when something caught my attention, viz. the chapter talk n:o 6 that contains some interesting material on the racial memory and mutual hatred between the elves and the drow. My PC is an elf in this playthrough, so I took a quick look at the code to see whether there are any special dialogue choices available for all pointy-eared protagonists, but I couldn't find any. I think it would be neat to expand this conversation a little with such options. Having grown up in Candlekeep, the elf protagonist probably wouldn't have all the same prejudices as his or her 'normal' cousins when talking about the drow, but I still think this would be a golden opportunity to take up such issues with Amber. After all, having multiple choices like this in conversations is just the thing that improves the immersion and replay value of every CRPG. (At least this is how I try to defend my point of view to our NWN2 mod team, when its writers and coders are angered by my constant demands for more content.) :suspect: Just a thought...

But anyway, last night I was replaying the last two chapters in order to test certain things, when something caught my attention, viz. the chapter talk n:o 6 that contains some interesting material on the racial memory and mutual hatred between the elves and the drow. My PC is an elf in this playthrough, so I took a quick look at the code to see whether there are any special dialogue choices available for all pointy-eared protagonists, but I couldn't find any. I think it would be neat to expand this conversation a little with such options. Having grown up in Candlekeep, the elf protagonist probably wouldn't have all the same prejudices as his or her 'normal' cousins when talking about the drow, but I still think this would be a golden opportunity to take up such issues with Amber. After all, having multiple choices like this in conversations is just the thing that improves the immersion and replay value of every CRPG. (At least this is how I try to defend my point of view to our NWN2 mod team, when its writers and coders are angered by my constant demands for more content.) :suspect: Just a thought...

Yep, that's already on the additional content TODO list. :down:

Archived