Discussion: BG2 Kit Creation Series

You should be able to use an 'extra attacks per round' effect in a .SPL in the kit's CLAB to grant bonus attacks, but only with all weapons rather than any specific ones.

As for armour - using the Shapeshifter flag would disable armour, yeh. But then, even allowing Shapeshifters to use robes wouldn't work because you'd have to open robes up to Clerics too for your kit to be able to use them. For usability, the item must be open to both base class *and* kit.

I gave the kit the combat bonuses via CLAB as you suggested, it's pretty much like blade's spins, but add different bonuses and upgrade with XP level. I like it, but as you said the abilties (called them combat stances for now) apply to every usable weapon... and that I dislike. As they are abilties with a timer, it's easier to balance, but I have yet to make a lot of SPLs. They should upgrade each 3 levels, included they previous abilities adquired. I'm not sure how to do it, when I try it seriously I'll ask doubts again.

About the armor, isn't there any way to script around it? Perhaps other mod has already tried something similar? If possible I'd like to keep both the parent class and kit as Cleric, and restrict it to his custom robes with a workaround... perhaps if this was an NPC rather than a kit it would be easier.

Guest Guest

Hi,

I have read the BG2 Kit Creation Series, and I am a bit stuck :) (may have missed something). In the example below how do you define the meanings?

ADD_KIT ~C!Selune~

~C!Selune 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0~

~C!Selune 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~ Where are these defined (what are the 0 and 1 signifying)?~C!Selune 0 0 0 0 9 0~ (these and so on)?~C!Selune 0 0 0 0 0 0~

~C!Selune 0 0 0 0 17 0~

~C!Selune 0 0 0 0 15 0~

~C!Selune 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 0~

~C!Selune 1 0 1 1 0 1~

~Cleric_Remix/Selune/C!Selune.2da~

~K_C_D K_C_E K_C_G K_C_H K_C_HE K_C_HL K_C_HO~ And these?

~0x00004000 3~

~C!3~

~CHAN09 * HELM07 BAG20 RING06 RING31 * BOOT01 AMUL19 BRAC16 BELT06 AROW11,40 BULL03,40 BOLT06,40 POTN52,5 POTN4,2 POTN14,5 HAM07 SW1H27 STAF08~

SAY ~Silverstar of Selûne~

SAY ~Silverstar of Selûne~

SAY ~SILVERSTAR OF SELÛNE: Description cut due to length~

Thanks for all the effort you have made to date.

Guest Guest

I worked out the last question, doesn't seem to have a edit botton. :)

How do you add a new CLABFI01.2da for a new kit and package it into Weidu? :)

I worked out the last question, doesn't seem to have a edit botton. :)

How do you add a new CLABFI01.2da for a new kit and package it into Weidu? :)

The relevant bit is here:

~Cleric_Remix/Selune/C!Selune.2da~

This tells WeiDU to copy the C!Selune.2da file as the kit's 2da, and that it can be located in the Cleric_Remix/Selune folder. If you just wish to use the existing CLABFI01.2da found in the game, you should change that line to

~override/clabfi01.2da~

One complication may be that the file is in a biff file and not necessarily in the override folder. To insure against that, either include a copy with your mod and use the path to it or force it to be in the override folder by adding

COPY_EXISTING ~clabfi01.2da~ ~override~

before your ADD_KIT command.

I made a mod that adds a kit for minsc and gives it to him and can make it work for BG2, but whenever I try to set it up for tutu I get a parse error on the line and columns in which the commands are encompassed and can't install the mod at all I was hoping it's obvious I'm missing something important and I was hoping someone could look at my tp2 and tell me where I'm going wrong.

BACKUP ~MinscKit/backup~ // so WeiDU can uninstall

AUTHOR ~atomicswirlie@yahoo.com~ // contact address displayed if installation fails

ASK_EVERY_COMPONENT

BEGIN ~Add berserker kit~ // name of this component

COPY ~MinscKit/Spin117.spl~ ~override/Spin117.spl~

ADD_KIT ~rberserk~

~rberserk 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1~

~rberserk 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0~

~rberserk 15 0 0 0 0 0~

~rberserk 0 0 0 0 0 0~

~rberserk 17 0 17 0 17 0~

~rberserk 15 0 15 0 15 0~

~rberserk 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0~

~rberserk 0 0 0 0 0 0~

~MinscKit/rberserk.2da~

~~

~0x00004000 12~

~Ra0~

~CHAN09 * HELM07 BAG20 RING06 RING31 * BOOT01 AMUL19 BRAC16 BELT06 AROW11,40 BULL03,40 BOLT06,40 POTN52,5 POTN4,2 POTN14,5 HAM07 SW1H27 STAF08~

SAY ~Berserker~

SAY ~Berserker~

SAY ~BERSERKER: This is a warrior who is in tune with his animalistic side and, during combat, can acheive an ecstatic state of mind that will enable him to fight longer, harder and more savagely than any human has a right to. Opponents on the battlefield will be unsettled when they see the savage and inhuman element of the berserker's personality.

Advantages:

May use Enrage ability once per day per 4 levels. This grants the berserker +2 STR and DEX for 10 rounds. While enraged, the berserker gains immunity to Charm, Hold, Fear, Maze, Imprisonment, Stun, and Sleep. The berserker also gains 15 temporary HP which are lost at the end of his rage, potentially killing him.

Disadvantages:

The berserker gains no spell casting ability.~

BEGIN ~Berserker Minsc~

REQUIRE_COMPONENT ~Setup-MinscKit.tp2~ ~0~ ~You need to install the kit first!~

COPY_EXISTING ~minsc7.cre~ ~override~

~minsc8.cre~ ~override~

~minsc9.cre~ ~override~

~minsc10.cre~ ~override~

~minsc12.cre~ ~override~

WRITE_SHORT 0x244 0

WRITE_BYTE 0x246 ~%rberserk%~

WRITE_BYTE 0x247 0x40

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS ~data/25dialog.bif~ THEN BEGIN

COPY_EXISTING ~Minsc14.cre~ ~override/minsc14.cre~

WRITE_SHORT 0x244 0

WRITE_BYTE 0x247 0x40

END

This part works. I'm going to post what I have been trying to do for the next part and hope someone can tell me where I'm screwing up. :)

BEGIN ~Tutu Berserker Minsc~

REQUIRE_FILE ~override/_sw1h04.itm~

COPY_EXISTING ~_minsc.cre~ ~override~

~_minsc2.cre~ ~override~

~_minsc4.cre~ ~override~

~_minsc6.cre~ ~override~

WRITE_SHORT 0x244 0

WRITE_BYTE 0x247 0x40

END

The parse error happens at COPY_EXISTING with this piece tacked on to my tp2. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Drew

REQUIRE_FILE needs an additional argument. You need to include a string that displays if the file is not present, i.e.

REQUIRE_FILE ~override/_sw1h04.itm~ ~Tutu must be present. Skipping this component.~
COPY_EXISTING ~_minsc.cre~ ~override~
// etc

:)

And on second thought, use REQUIRE_PREDICATE instead. REQUIRE_FILE will provide an option for non-Tutu installs, and players answering yes will get an ominous failure if they try to install it. REQUIRE_PREDICATE, OTOH, will skip the component outright if it's not Tutu making it easier for the player.

REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~_sw1h04.itm~ ~~Tutu must be present. Skipping this component.~

Another question....I used a spell similar to the one added by the Justifier kit from UB to remove spells from the character each level up and now an extra line gets spouted (One of Jaheira's line, text only, but Minsc's name displayed in front of the line)at every level. Is there any way to rectify this or do you need more info from me?

The string ref for the spell's name might match something in your install, use SAY NAME1 #-1 and sAY NAME2 #-1 in your tp2 when you copy them over to make sure they're nulled out. :)

Or, do it manually to the .SPL with your editing program of choice.