Discussion: BG2 Kit Creation Series

Your class isn't jiving with the kittable line:

~K_C_D K_C_E K_C_G K_C_H K_C_HE K_C_HL K_C_HO~

This tells the engine to display the kit as a cleric selection. Change these to the fighter kittable values:

~K_F_D K_F_E K_F_G K_F_H K_F_HE K_F_HL K_F_HO~

edit: NiGHTMARE's faster.

Edited by CamDawg

I'm unsure as to whether I should post this here or in the Divine Remix thread, but as I was reading through it just now, I saw Nightmare, I believe, talking about scripting in deity choices after character creation. Assuming (big assumption, I know) that something could be done about the whole hardcoded fall of paladins or rangers, would a scripting choice like this allow for the creation of a warrior-priest hybrid of other than good alignment? If so, 'twould be quite interesting indeed. :)

Unfortunately, even scripting doesn't seem to be able to help solve the problem of paladins and rangers falling if they're of a non-good alignment. However, you could create a warrior-priest hybrid style cleric kit, with all the abilities of the fighter (grandmastery, better THAC0, worse saving throws, more hitpoints, etc) other than the ablity to use any weapon.

Having a cleric kit be able to use any weapon *is* possible, but it involves playing around with usability flags and assigning a dummy kit to trueclasse clerics, and thus it has plenty of potential for incompatability with other mods. That said, we haven't really discussed it in regards to DR yet.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

Yeah, I'd thought about making it a cleric kit as well, but the usability problem got me, too. I pretty much always use AoE, but I know not everyone does. Ah, well. I'll probably just end up going with a warrior class with a couple innates. Too bad there doesn't seem to be any way around the falling thing.

Thanks.

Hello all, I'm new to modding and I have been following CamDawg's excellent tutorial, and I've been trying to make a new cleric kit, the Chosen of Deneir.

I'm not sure how to save a file in 2da format. I might have missed something in the tutorial but I have no idea how to do this. I accidentally saved the CLAB file as a TP2 file.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Having a cleric kit be able to use any weapon *is* possible, but it involves playing around with usability flags and assigning a dummy kit to trueclasse clerics, and thus it has plenty of potential for incompatability with other mods.  That said, we haven't really discussed it in regards to DR yet.

Just a question. To allow clerics to use all weapons cant you just do what Hlid did with the druidic sorcerer? If you look at the bottom of the .tp2 for the Ds it runs just a little script that allows basically all sorcerers in the game to use druid equipment.

ronin

You can use a lot of shucking and jiving to get around these restrictions. Unfortunately it generally raises a fair number of incompatibility issues and other design tradeoffs that are suboptimal.

I pioneered a lot of these tricks with SPC because I wanted to keep the kits as close to the author's original idea as possible. In general though I don't think the tradeoffs are worth it.

So now it says: C!Deneir.2da

TP2 file

Will this still work?

Also, I tried assigning the feralan's file to it to see if it would work, but there was another problem.

I have no idea what to do.

I don't suppose I could send my files to someone to check, so they could tell me where I am going wrong, could I?

When I tried the feralan file, WeiDU just said 'stopping installation because of error', or somehing along those lines.

I'm not actually sure if the files I have made are complete,as I've never done this before, so that may be the problem.

My Setup.TP2 file looks like the one shown in CamDawg's tutorial, except I have replaced the class in that with my class. I didn't really understand the 4th page of the tutorial though.

My guess is that I've probably missed something out, but as I've never done this before I don't know.

Thanks for the help so far.