NiGHTMARE

Discussion: BG2 Kit Creation Series

I don't think so. You could give bonuses against specific races easily with a spell in the CLAB, but you can't really open up the "favoured enemy" menu and give the player a choice. At least, I can't think of a way!

Guest kip

How about making it so they get an extra bonus against their racial enemy?

I don't think the engine is capable of detecting (in terms of either via scripts or by a state flag) which racial enemy the character has selected--I think the bonus to hit/damage is applied in a hardcoded manner, as opposed to some variable to can retrieve and use being set.

Guest Kip

SK somehow does it, why base it off of that? Would you know how to go about doing that?

SK has abilities that the game engine may not share. This means you could probably add extra damage to the chosen enemy by using an external program of some sort to detect the enemy chosen and add a variable that can be seen and reacted to in-game, but probably not while the game is running.

You could probably add multiple racial enemies in-game as Andyr suggested, by using spells in the CLAB and a dialogue based selection system.

Guest Laahi

what do I do if I want to create my own custom class of ranger?

:);):D

what do I do if I want to create my own custom class of ranger?

:)  ;)  :D

Well, you can create a ranger kit, if that's what you mean. You can't make your own class.

Now assuming you want to make a kit, a lot of the information is already in Cam's 4-part tutorial. What exactly are you wanting to do?

Guest Kip

Alrighty, I finally got back to work on the kit and need to know if anybody knows the reference value of HaterRace.ids? I bet you could go about it using that somehow.

The reference value of it for what? HATERACE.2DA is a file of references; there is no HATERACE.IDS. There is a RACE.IDS, though.

Guest Kip
The reference value of it for what? HATERACE.2DA is a file of references; there is no HATERACE.IDS. There is a RACE.IDS, though.

Its accually HatedRace, I dunno I just found it one day sitting in my override folder. Plus I keep getting an error pertaining to my END line when I try to install my kit. Any ideas?

HatedRace wouldn't be a valid filename as the Infinity Engine can only handle 8 characters or fewer in a name. If you post your code, we might be able to figure out where the error is. :)

Hey everyone,

Can someone please give me the useability flag I would use if I wanted a kit that could only use the invocation school of spells. I have tried, but to no avail.

Biubid_boy.

I don't know what it is offhand, but add up the flags for all the Mage kits except the one that has Invocation as opposition and that should do it. Make sure you're adding the hex numbers in hex, as opposed to decimal. :)

Guest Guest

I'm a bit stuck at the moment, so some help would be appriecated. Two quick questions - How does one go about altering the spell progression of a ranger, paladin or bard kit? Specifically, adding spell levels greater than 3 for a ranger.

And - is it possible to add in an animal companion spell in the style of a familiar? So the ranger gets to choose his/her animal companion from a list and the critter stays with you from area to area just like a familiar?

Thanks in advace. :suspect:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.