Bug report (memorized spells)

Barren Fischa

Andyr, has anything come of this? I've started a new game and am having the same problem. When any of the clerics in the party level up, they lose memorized spells - most particularly level 4 and level 7. This includes my PC, a cleric/thief multi, Anomen, and Aerie. If you want, just say the word and I'll zip the game and send it to you.

Yeah, it appears to be a similar problem to before. We thought we fixed it, and it seemed to work when I tested it, but there are still problems. :rant:

I haven't been able to fix it, yet, unfortunately. I can't think of a different way to do the spell loss.

*sigh* Well, thanks for the answer. I guess I'll just have to remember to add the spells back. One other thing I forgot to mention. There was this quirky thing that happened when Anomen and Aerie leveled up - I forget what level. Anyway, all the spells that used to be druid only completely disappeared from their spellbooks. After a couple more level ups, they reappeared. This didn't happen to my PC, though. Strange, no?

Well, the problem with spell memorization erasure is getting worse. It happens on reload. Plus the druid spells are gone. I'm afraid I'm going to have to uninstall CR because this is driving me nuts.

Edited to add: Oh yeah, some spells that vanilla clerics should have are also missing like Protection From Evil 10' Radius.

When you said the druid spells were gone, do you mean that your druid was un-memorising spells, or that spells that used to be druid-only (eg Entangle, Dolorous Decay) were being un-memorised from the Cleric spell book?

The spells that used to be druid only. And they're not just being unmemorized, they're completely gone from the spell book. Except Delorous Decay. For some reason that one's still there.

I don't know how the hunt is going, but I thought I'd let you know something I tried. I added back in Protection From Evil 10' Radius and Chaotic Commands via SK, and still they disappear upon reload. *sigh*

If something's being removed from the spellbook, that's probably us doing it intentionally when we shouldn't be. Which kit lost the druid spells, and which ones did they lose? Just Entangle?

We think the spell unmemorisation must be due to the spell slot number changes, though we're not still sure why it happens. A workaround could be to not make kitted Clerics lose one per level, but we'd have to rebalance them some other way then. Hmmm...

Archived