Bug report (memorized spells)

Barren Fischa

If something's being removed from the spellbook, that's probably us doing it intentionally when we shouldn't be. Which kit lost the druid spells, and which ones did they lose? Just Entangle?

We think the spell unmemorisation must be due to the spell slot number changes, though we're not still sure why it happens. A workaround could be to not make kitted Clerics lose one per level, but we'd have to rebalance them some other way then. Hmmm...

Will take a look later to see if it's happening in the Silverstar spellbook and which spells are being removed. The game I'm currently playing I'm using a cleric/thief multi. But it also is happening with Anomen and Aerie too.

Guest Guest
Just a silly question ... but could you edit the 2da so that all clerics have one less spell per level & then add a spell per level back to vanilla clerics some other way?

Perhaps that is why I'm having a somewhat related issue that Jaheira is missing one druid spell per level?

Consistently up the level rungs, a druid she has one less spell of each level than she should on the spell table.

I have had a quick look at this. I believe I have discovered the cause of the Jaheira problem. It is in fact a SoA druid problem, you are removing the spell per level via mxsplwis.2da and adding it back for trueclass clerics via clab and for druids via mxspldru.2da. In SoA there is no mxspldru.2da, therefore druids are losing a spell per level.

Possibly, it is quite likely the the first column of a clab is actually ignored by the engine (ie it could contain anything, as long as it exists) so APPENDing the clabs to add the extra spell per level would work. However, the larger problem is the loss of memorized spells. This is caused by the addition and removal of spells at the same time (Cam and Andyr know what I'm talking about). Unfortunately, I cannot think of a way to deal with this problem.

Sorry it took a while to get back on this. I don't remember all the spells that are supposed to be in the spellbook. So I'll list the ones that are still there. My PC is a cleric/thief multi, just to remind you, but this also happens to Anomen and Aerie.

Level 1

Armor of Faith

Bless

Command

Cure Light Wounds

Curse

Detect Evil

Doom

Faerie Fire

Magic Stone

Protection From Evil

Remove Fear

Sanctuary

Shillelagh

Level 2

Aid

Chant

Draw Upon Holy Might

Find Traps

Hold Person

Know Alignment

Resist Fire/Cold

Silence 15' Radius

Slow Poison

Spiritual Hammer

Level 3

Alicorn Lance

Animate Dead

Cure Disease

Cure Medium Wounds

Dispel Magic

Glyph of Warding

Holy Smite

Moonblade

Negative Plane Protection

Remove Curse

Remove Paralysis

Level 4

Cause Serious Wounds

Cloak of Fear

Cure Serious Wounds

Death Ward

Farsight

Free Action

Holy Power

Lesser Restoration

Neutralize Poison

Poison

Level 5

Cause Critical Wounds

Cure Critical Wounds

Flame Strike

Greater Command

Magic Resistance

Mass Cure

Pixie Dust

Raise Dead

Repulse Undead

Righteous Magic

Slay Living

True Seeing

Level 6

Aerial Servant

Blade Barrier

Bolt of Glory

Conjure Animals

Dolorous Decay

Harm

Heal

Wondrous Recall

Level 7

Confusion

Gate

Greater Restoration

Holy Word

Ressurection

Shield of the Archons

Symbol, Death

Symbol, Fear

Symbol, Stun

Unholy Word (Anomen only)

I've only check levels 1-4, but of those only Protection from Evil 10' radius is missing (and IIRC it's been mentioned before).

EDIT: okay, I've now looked through levels 5-7 as well. They only other spell that they're missing is Regeneration at level 7. Though I should probably note that I've only checked the original BG2 spells, not any of the new ones added by the mod.

Kitless clerics don't have access to either of the spheres Storm of Vengeance is in (war, weather), so that's as it should be. Their new ability to cast Elemental Transformation (Earth), Elemental Transformation (Fire) and Greater Elemental Summoning should more than make up for it :)

Well, if they do actually recieve them that is (I hope so).

Ack, I forgot about the forbidden spheres thing.

Anomen does get the elemental transformation ones. I don't remember if my PC or Aerie does. And that may have something to do with the fact that they are multi-classed. I'll check it later.

In the next version Anomen will actually lose the Elemental Transformation spells, as we thought it's more characterful to make them belong only to their Elemental spheres rather than Combat too (as most deities grant access to at least one of these).

Thanks for your patience and posting, Bev!

In the next version Anomen will actually lose the Elemental Transformation spells, as we thought it's more characterful to make them belong only to their Elemental spheres rather than Combat too (as most deities grant access to at least one of these).

Thanks for your patience and posting, Bev!

Hey, that's OK. Anomen is big enough as it is. Although, if I could only find a way to keep him from being turned to stone and such... :)

No problem. I'm glad I can help out. I really, REALLY want this mod to work the way it's supposed to!

Archived