GameFreeze

Cobweb

I have entered the slums for the second time and approach the Copper Coronet. I can see the boy and the girl but as I approach the conversation between them starts with the opening of the usual balloons but there are no words inside. At that point my game freezes. This as you may spot is not usual.

I have no other mods installed apart from WEIDU ones. But I have installed prior to Amber the Item upgrade mod.

Any thoughts?

THE PROBLEM HAS NOW DISAPPEARED WITH AN UNINSTALL/REINSTALL .Things now appear to be running ok but, it was a little mysterious no?

I have entered the slums for the second time and approach the Copper Coronet. I can see the boy and the girl but as I approach the conversation between them starts with the opening of the usual balloons but there are no words inside. At that point my game freezes. This as you may spot is not usual.

I have no other mods installed apart from WEIDU ones. But I have installed prior to Amber the Item upgrade mod.

Any thoughts?

THE PROBLEM HAS NOW DISAPPEARED WITH AN UNINSTALL/REINSTALL .Things now appear to be running ok but, it was a little mysterious no?

Well, yes. I'm glad the problem disappeared, but just for future reference, what exactly do you mean by "balloons"?

I encountered the same problem, yet also solved it with an uninstall/reinstall method.

What happens is: I approach the children, and the speech block at the bottom of the screen becomes fully-sized (read:it's as large as it can possibly get) and I hear the initial voice from one of the children. Problem is, the block is completely devoid of dialog. The game doesn't exactly freeze however. Upon clicking inside the box seemingly at random, my PC's name pops up as it would when you select a reply during conversation, but alas, no further dialog is visible. I repeat this, two or three times more, and then I get the message "The party lost 100 gold" as well as "Journal Updated: General information has been added".

I didn't pursue it any further obviously, but I thought it was an odd anomaly. I have a few other NPC mods installed as well (Kitanya, Saerileth, and Sheena) but I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

I think this has something to do with installing mod content while having another program occupy dialog.tlk (Shadowkeeper and Infinity Explorer come to mind).

That's exactly right. If you install WeiDU mods with anything that accesses the dialog.tlk running (that could be SK, NI, InfExp, another WeiDU window or even the game itself) then you'll end up with this 'black dialogue' situation. Just reinstall the mod but this time without those programs running.

Archived