Having install troubles with Amber v1.1.

Kitana

So... I'm no installation expert, I don't know much about WeiDU. I don't have Item Upgrades installed.

I got Amber v1.1, tried downloading it from a few different locations just in case. Not that long into the install it says: (I'm copying this word for word so I might've messed it up somewhat. I'm also not sure if this is the important thing to show you to get this problem fixed, but I'm guessing it is.)

Compiling 84 scripts ...

[amber/scripts/M#AmbeAI.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 402 column 38-38

Near Text: >

Type mismatch in "ID" argument of [shout].

Expecting type "integer".

[amer/scripts/M#AmbeAI.baf] ERROR at line 402 column 38-38

Near Text: >

Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: parsing [amber/scripts/M#AmbeAI.baf]: Parsing.parse_error

ERROR: error compiling [amber/scripts/M#AmbeAI.baf]: Parsing.Parse_error

ERROR: compiling [amber/scripts/M#AmbeAI.baf]!

Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR installing [Amber the NPC MOD for BGII: SoA], rolling back to previous stat

e

Will uninstall 620 files for [sETUP-AMBER.TP2] component 0.

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>cd Music

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\music>del m#blank.mus

Could Not Find F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\music\m#blank.mus

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\music>del mxm#*.mus

Could Not Find F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\music\mxm#*.mus

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\music>del mxm#am\mxm#*acm

The system cannot find the file specified.

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\music>cd..

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#boy*.wav

Could Not Find F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#boy*.wav

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#gir*.wav

Could Not Find F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#gir*.wav

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#dem*.wav

Could Not Find F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#dem*.wav

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#rat*.wav

Could Not Find F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#rat*.wav

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#ymm*.wav

Could Not Find F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#ymm*.wav

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#gab*.wav

Could Not Find F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#gab*.wav

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#lor*.wav

Could Not Find F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#lor*.wav

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#amb*.wav

Could Not Find F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#amb*.wav

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#gbo*.wav

Could Not Find F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#gbo*.wav

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#ar*.tis

Could Not Find F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA>del override\m#ar*.tis

ECHO is on.

Amber Audio and Tilesets Uninstalled

ECHO is on.

Uninstalled 620 files for [sETUP-AMBER.TP2] component 0.

ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

PLEASE email the file SETUP-AMBER.DEBUG to amber@mbnet.fi

Using Language [English]

Do you want to install Amber the NPC MOD for BGII: SoA?

I do have ToB installed. If there's any other info I need to provide, tell me and I will.

I really want to get this mod to work, so any help would be great. I'd rather not uninstall and reinstall, but if I absolutely need to I will. I'd just rather make sure I HAVE to reinstall before doing that, because that takes a couple hours.

Thanks.

Great that you posted this. :) I already got this same error reported once via email. But since I haven't yet got reply to my inquiries from the person who mailed it, I haven't been able to figure out what the exact problem is.

For some reason it seems that you have a SoA version of Shout() scripting action in you action.ids file, which you definitely should not have, because you have ToB installed. To get to the bottom of this I need to ask few things:

Besides the SoA and the ToB expansion, do you have ToB official patch installed as well?

Do you have any non-WeiDU mods installed?

Can you send me a copy of your WeiDU.log file? It's located in your main BG2 folder.

Can you send me a copy of your current action.ids? You should be able to find it in the override folder (that is in you main BG2 folder).

You can either send the files to amber@mbnet.fi or copy-paste their contents here. Both can be opened with a regular text editor.

PS. You don't need to copy error messages from WeiDU mod installation by hand. WeiDU creates a debug file for each installation into you main BG2 folder, which you can send to the mod's author. In Amber's case name of the debug file is SETUP-AMBER.DEBUG

Besides the SoA and the ToB expansion, do you have ToB official patch installed as well?

Yes, I'm pretty sure I do.

Do you have any non-WeiDU mods installed?

Not that I know of, no. I do have the Baldurdash patches installed.

Can you send me a copy of your WeiDU.log file? It's located in your main BG2 folder.

Can you send me a copy of your current action.ids? You should be able to find it in the override folder (that is in you main BG2 folder).

Alright, I sent those.

Yep, it's as Cam thought, for some reason your action.ids has a SoA version of Shout() scripting action.

Meaning that your action.ids has:

106 Shout(I:ID*)

When it should be:

106 Shout(I:ID*SHOUTIDS)

I don't yet know what has caused this, but I'll try to find out. :)

Alright.

Um... If I change "106 Shout(I:ID*)" to "106 Shout(I:ID*SHOUTIDS)" , will Amber install properly?

Yes, unless whatever caused the Shout() to regain it's SoA form did something else as well. However your action.ids does seem to have the necessary ToB scripting actions, like MakeGlobal(), so Amber should install without further problems. I don't think that it will cause problems with anything else either, since Shout(I:ID*SHOUTIDS) is backwards compatible withShout(I:ID*).

I noticed that you have tutufix and BG1 NPC project installed and it seemed a bit strange considering that you want to play BG2 SoA. :)

I used to have Tutu installed, but uninstalled it a long time ago. I might not have reinstalled the game since then. It hasn't caused any problems that I've noticed though.

Anyways; I just ran the installer and it worked fine. Thank you for your help!

Great! :)

I already have the code for the next version that ensures that we have correct Shout() in our use, but it's good to know that there wasn't anything else that prevented Amber from installing.

Okay, I'm still in the hunt for the reason why you (and one other person) had this problem. Can you do a search for the action.ids in your BG2 main folder. (In Windows Explorer you can just right click the BG2 folder and select 'Search...'.) The file should turn up not only in the override, but also in the backup folder of the all mods that changed it.

I have a feeling this might be related to me having an older version of Tutu installed before.

The six results I got were located in:

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\override

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\script compiler

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\bg1tutu\bg1-override

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\bg1tutu\bg2-override

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\bg1tutu\backup\override

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\questpack\backup\0

I have a feeling this might be related to me having an older version of Tutu installed before.

The six results I got were located in:

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\override

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\script compiler

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\bg1tutu\bg1-override

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\bg1tutu\bg2-override

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\bg1tutu\backup\override

F:\Program Files\Black Isle\BGII - SoA\questpack\backup\0

I too am starting to think it might be tutu. Not that I'm really sure, though. Version 4 contains an action.ids that has Shout(I:ID*), but it's not the same action.ids that you have (it's much longer) and I'm uncertain why tutu would leave anything behind when uninstalled. Japheth claims that ToB is supported but not required and that you'll be able to play BG2 as normal when tutu is uninstalled. I would imagine that he knows what he's talking about and I'm not really expert on the workings of tutu to say anything. I would be great if I heard back from the other person who had this same problem, so that I could compare your setups to narrow down the suspects. :)

Well, I'm sure it's an -old- version of Tutu. I wouldn't be surprised if the bug has been fixed a long time ago. Then again, it might not've been, so...

By the way, Amber works just fine now. I've barely gotten started on the mod but I like what I've seen so far! Great work.

Archived