Translations

Guest kicker04

Will there be a german translation for this mod? (there is a polish one too)

Now that it's out, we're hoping. The file that needs translation (setup.tra) is about 60 strings (only 12kb) so it shouldn't be too much. We had a Polish one at launch because yarpen has been most excellent at tracking down projects for translation. :)

I'm going to split this into a new (pinned) topic to hopefully garner some attention. The setup.tra file is available on the wiki; translators can either add translations to the wiki wlike the Polish one or just email them to me.

"We had a Polish one at launch because yarpen has been most excellent at tracking down projects for translation. "

Hmm... at first, thanks Cam :)

Second thing. Attention for translators with specific letters - they're doesn't work on Viki. And you must send translation to Cam.

Hmm... at first, thanks Cam :D

Well, we went from a few Polish translations to many ina short time. :)

Okay, im on it :D

Thanks. :( Beta 2 will have a Spanish translation.

Ana has also pointed out what appears to be a Spanish equivalent to the English Game Text Update, and yarpen has mentioned that the Polish community has been working on a similar project.

Yes, and about that i also wanted to talk to you. As you know the sp version of the game also has a dialogF.tlk.

I was wondering if you could do me the favor to send me the spanish .tra file with Drow_Male's better translation after you create it?

From what Drow_Male said he fixed, female lines wouldnt be needed, as they were mostly names (as you can imagine, one word could be translated into several synonimous), but i rather be on the safe side and check that :)

Cya! :D

I'm pleased to announce that Beta 2 will have a German translation of both the mod and the readme.

As for non-English Game Text Updates, it seems a good idea would be to let the respective communities maintain them and include links in the readme to them.

Archived