Oversight class adjustments?

Would it be possible to make the class adjustments (versus the corrections) optional? I asked earlier as I don't like the idea of changing the classes unless it is absolutely necessary; I can understand stopping kobold shamen from being paladins, but not simply because that person acts in a good manner in the game.

Both seem to have been implemented currently :/

Would it be possible to make the class adjustments (versus the corrections) optional? I asked earlier as I don't like the idea of changing the classes unless it is absolutely necessary; I can understand stopping kobold shamen from being paladins, but not simply because that person acts in a good manner in the game.

Both seem to have been implemented currently :/

Kish has been one of the staunchest advocates of 'Is this really a bug? Should we really change this?' when discussing fixes in the past. (Look through the Archived Fixes forum for some good Kish v Ding0 'discussions' on this issue.) The team consensus was, from day one, that both of these components were fixes--it was never really a question--especially given Kish's very conservative outlook on spurious changes.

Kish has always been more than welcome to reasonable arguments as to why a change (be it alignment or class) is not a good idea. If there's anything specific to which you would like to object, we're more than willing to listen.

Did we ever review these? I didn't like Oversight's INNOCENT changes because this value is simply used to impose hostile-action penalties and to control the behavior of the actor and guards (using SEEENEMY or similar).

Also, some of the funky things (like hobgoblin paladins) need to remain because their scripts depend on the creatures having these classes.

I do agree that the majority are bug fixes, but I'm still very interested in hearing arguments against including them in the core package too (in general, or in specific instances).

Did we ever review these? I didn't like Oversight's INNOCENT changes because this value is simply used to impose hostile-action penalties and to control the behavior of the actor and guards (using SEEENEMY or similar).

Also, some of the funky things (like hobgoblin paladins) need to remain because their scripts depend on the creatures having these classes.

I do agree that the majority are bug fixes, but I'm still very interested in hearing arguments against including them in the core package too (in general, or in specific instances).

There was never a formal one, no, but we did catch a some that would cause problems (like the druid grove trolls).

Archived