Corthala Family Armor

icelus

Given the fact that there are no kitted NPCs in the game, it seems obvious that BioWare didn't put too much thought into it.

Besides Keldorn (Inquisitor), Haer'Dalis (Blade), Valygar (Stalker), Cernd (Shapeshifter), Yoshimo (Bounty Hunter), Korgan (Berserker, I think)

I framed the discussion rather poorly--I want the armor to be consistent with itself, which means it's either studded leather (which means we change the ground icons, AC, etc.) or it's chain (in which case the avatar icon should change). The issue was not that Valygar was wearing illegal armor, but that it was another factor in favor of standardizing the armor as studded leather as opposed to chain.

http://forums.pocketplane.net/index.php?to...38053#msg238053

"Irenicus could have easily cast a Wish that would make everyone in the Underdark who would consider helping you glow red to Detect Evil; it would have been child's play for him."

What will happen now is that Kish will comment on my paraphrasing, ignoring the fact that this is an equally stupid scenario which would illustrate my case just as well. You know full well what I meant, Kish. Stop hiding behind your bullshit semantics.

Besides Keldorn (Inquisitor), Haer'Dalis (Blade), Valygar (Stalker), Cernd (Shapeshifter), Yoshimo (Bounty Hunter), Korgan (Berserker, I think)
Those be party members, Jack. When I say "NPCs," I mean everybody other than characters who can join the party.

Anyway, turning it into chain mail is bad, as I've discovered. It's too ugly to even imagine. So either leave it, or go full-on studded leather.

"Irenicus could have easily cast a Wish that would make everyone in the Underdark who would consider helping you glow red to Detect Evil; it would have been child's play for him."
I don't understand this at all. What would glowing red accomplish?
I don't understand this at all. What would glowing red accomplish?

It could cost you potential allies, possibly push you toward becoming the Slayer if you killed innocents...but that's all a side issue, really. I picked Irenicus just because he was an archmage and the PC's enemy; my point then--which doesn't have anything to do with this thread--was that magical detection methods are unreliable and thus killing someone just because "they glow red" is wrong.

semantics

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

You just gave a wicked demonstration, man. You picked up a tiny little detail in my post and tried your luck on that alone. If you addressed the entire post, and more importantly, the MEANING of the post, rather than picking on the insignificant details and brushing over the rest, perhaps "semantics" wouldn't be a word that came up around you so often. Bullshitting your way through arguments by deflecting the point will only get you so far.

Ding0 wins, motherfucker. Peace out, I'm off to work on the Tutu spawn point fix.

Ugly? How come?
Because. His entire body turns pink. Legs, arms, and torso. Not only is it hideous, but he just looks plain silly.

I believe this is intended--IIRC, the Viconia-Valygar fight is prompted by Viconia taunting Valygar about his pink getup and implying he's gay.

In an attempt to get back on topic, the consensus (such as it is) seems to be

• it's chain
  • Sim won't be buying Kish a beer
  • Valygar being all pink is suboptimal
  • it's better left unchanged

Ugly? How come?
Because. His entire body turns pink. Legs, arms, and torso. Not only is it hideous, but he just looks plain silly.

As opposed to a big burly man wearing a pair of purple football pads with bare knees. :bday:

My opinion on the matter is that it should be switched to chainmail entirely, partly because leather armour only looks good on thieves, and partly because more of it is chainmailesque than is leather armourish.

Ugly? How come?

I believe this is intended--IIRC, the Viconia-Valygar fight is prompted by Viconia taunting Valygar about his pink getup and implying he's gay.

Actually, just the opposite--she offers to paint his gear pink, suggesting it would suit him better. She still implies that he's gay, but it would indicate pink is the one color his gear can't already be.

Actually, just the opposite--she offers to paint his gear pink, suggesting it would suit him better.  She still implies that he's gay, but it would indicate pink is the one color his gear can't already be.

Ah, so it's not an IIRC then. :bday:

Archived