Corthala Family Armor

icelus

It's not possible to make an item only usable by a certain NPC.  The nearest you can get is making it require the same stats the NPC has.

Actually, it could easily have been set to Ranger only; that would have made it useless for fighter/mage... and I personally think that is a good reason to think that the designer wanted it to be an "easter egg" type special mage's armor.

Actually, it could easily have been set to Ranger only; that would have made it useless for fighter/mage... and I personally think that is a good reason to think that the designer wanted it to be an "easter egg" type special mage's armor.

Many of the bugs can be easily addressed--it doesn't make them any less of a bug.

Doh! I just realized Valygar is a Stalker Kit, and can't use anything better than studded Leather. which means the Leather is correct, and that Valygar's Armor is +5 Studded Leather, or +6 leather. Description needs updating.

As for the magic-using, his studded leather has as much right to be magic-using as Jan's. I'm still for leaving it.

I'm not a modder so I'll take your word for it, but I know that I've read a lot of item descriptions that have usuable only by "NPC Name Here". I guess that must be the text they insert when an item requires the same stats as the NPC. In that instance does it require exactly the same stats or at least as good of stats? All 6? Class? What other factors can play into it?

And personally I don't have a problem with a PC using the armor although I never realized you could.

I'm not a modder so I'll take your word for it, but I know that I've read a lot of item descriptions that have usuable only by "NPC Name Here".  I guess that must be the text they insert when an item requires the same stats as the NPC.  In that instance does it require exactly the same stats or at least as good of stats?  All 6?  Class?  What other factors can play into it? 

And personally I don't have a problem with a PC using the armor although I never realized you could.

Well, the various items have different requirements, but one could specify all 6 stats. Some are not as stringent as others. Cloak of the High Forest (NPCLCK) specifies Str 13, Dex 9, Con 13, Int 12 Wis 18 and cha 15. Besides, of course, being a human or half-orc druid of any alignment (hey, I didn't make it!). Worth using potions to use a a thief, since it gives the saving throw bonuses; Cloak of B######n is better, but harder (impossible) to get.

Use any item is cool, once you have the item equipped, you shouldn't get it torn off because your stats dropped.

I'm actually in favor of calling it +5 studded leather, myself. It's not like calling it +5 studded leather instead of calling it +3.....uh.....armor.....makes it function any differently than it currently does. It's just a name, after all. Leave everything else the same, if you want. Just change the name.

I'm actually in favor of calling it +5 studded leather, myself.  It's not like calling it +5 studded leather instead of calling it +3.....uh.....armor.....makes it function any differently than it currently does.  It's just a name, after all.  Leave everything else the same, if you want.  Just change the name.

Check the original thread for reasons as to why it's definitely not leather.

Archived