100% Learn Spells bug

Lord Ernie

Not sure if this is known, but with the new 100% learn spells option, one can also inscribe already known spells into the spellbook. So it's possible to buy a ton of spells scrolls of the same spell, and inscribe the spell over and over, gaining the XP each time.

Not a big thing, I know, and I don't know if it's a consequence of the way you make the component work, but I thought I'd report it. :)

Doesn't allow it in my game . :) If you are playing Tutu, however, there are occasions where both the BG1 and BG2 version of a spell can be found and some older BG2 mods I've seen do that as well. Adding spells via SK can also cause this (because it's really easy to add an unused incarnation of a spell with SK). That may be your problem.

Neither. I'm playing regular BG2, and while the scrolls were added via SK, I've really just had Jan learn the same spell multiple times. And, well... it's usually easy to check if a spell you're adding directly in SK is correct; simply hit extract and see if the file name matches with a used file. Anyway, that is not the case... I'll look into if further.

Neither. I'm playing regular BG2, and while the scrolls were added via SK, I've really just had Jan learn the same spell multiple times. And, well... it's usually easy to check if a spell you're adding directly in SK is correct; simply hit extract and see if the file name matches with a used file. Anyway, that is not the case... I'll look into if further.

I can remember being able to add a spell to my spellbook despite it being there already, and this was before Tweak days. If we can figure out which scrolls are doing this I'd like to address it for the Fixpack.

Archived