error in amber install

Guest ryba

i got this error guring installation (i copied it from debug file)

[amber/scripts/M#AmbeAI.baf] PARSE ERROR at line 402 column 38-38

Near Text: )

[shout] argument [POISONED] not found in [sHOUTIDS.IDS]

however installation finished succefully, if you want i can paste list of installed mods and send debug file

i hope it will not destroy my game :)

i got this error guring installation (i copied it from debug file)

however installation finished succefully, if you want i can paste list of installed mods and send debug file

i hope it will not destroy my game :)

Hi!

I'm actually glad that you came up with this problem. (Because you might help me to solve what's causing it.) The other person who had this problem, had for yet unconfirmed reason a SoA version of action.ids file in her override despite the fact that she had ToB installed.

Could you send me the copy of the action.ids from you override folder (than can be found in your main BG2 folder)?

I would also need copy of your WeiDU.log file (it should be in your main BG2 folder).

And just to be in the safe side can I also have a copy of Amber-setup.debug file?

By any chance have you had tutu installed (and uninstalled) to this particular BG2 setup?

You can send all three files to amber@mbnet.fi or copy paste their contens in this thread. You can open them in a regular text editor.

I don't think that the installation will work properly with parse error and you should unistall Amber.

I have a workaround coded for the next version of Amber, but there's a way to fix this manually right now. I'm by now means asking you to fix my bugs, though!

EDIT: typo

Guest Guest
By any chance have you had tutu installed (and uninstalled) to this particular BG2 setup?

no i never used it

You can send all three files to amber@mbnet.fi or copy paste their contens in this thread. You can open them in a regular text editor.

files sent

I don't think that the installation will work properly with parse error and you should unistall Amber.

:):D noooooooooo i dont want to ;)

I have a workaround coded for the next version of Amber, but there's a way to fix this manually right now. I'm by now means asking you to fix my bugs, though!

So what do i have to do? Please let me know

All right, it was not what I first thought, and if I had read your error message more carefully I would have realised it a bit sooner. I guess I got mislead by the fact that you both got stuck on [POISONED] - I'm sorry about that. :)

At this point I'm not actually sure what went wrong with your install, because in the dubugfile, couple dozen rows up from the error, WeiDU informs that:

Not appending [1001 POISONED...] to [shoutids.ids] because it DOES contains [POISONED]

Yet you still got error saying that it's not there:

[sHOUTIDS.IDS] parsed

[sTATE.IDS] parsed

[RACE.IDS] parsed

[amber/scripts/M#AmbeAI.baf] parsed

I studied you debugfile and it seems that the install was successful despite the parse error and even the m#ambeAI is parsed and not skipped. I'd still tried to uninstall and install Amber, if only to see if the error message is persistent and not only a some weird hickup.

Guest Guest
I studied you debugfile and it seems that the install was successful despite the parse error and even the m#ambeAI is parsed and not skipped. I'd still tried to uninstall and install Amber, if only to see if the error message is persistent and not only a some weird hickup.

ok i tried first reinstall and it was the same, later i tried unistall and istall again and the error was still there

anyway i will try to play and see if i can play amber mod

thanks for help ill let you know if i met her :)

ok i tried first reinstall and it was the same, later i tried unistall and istall again and the error was still there

anyway i will try to play and see if i can play amber mod

thanks for help ill let you know if i met her ;)

Okay, when you have time can you throw copy of your shoutids.ids from your override folder at my direction? So that I can check out what's going on there. :) The file affected here (m#ambeAI) is Ambers combat AI, so it's not actually a critical part of the mod. However, if you experience any oddness during combat, try turning the AI off or changing Amber's custom combat script to one of the default ones.

Guest Guest

here is content of my shoutids.ids file

123 HEALME
124 ASSIST
125 ALERT
126 SOLAR_STANCE
1   ALERT_1
2   ESCAPE_AREA_2
3   ESCAPE_AREA_3
5  ATTACKED_BY_PC
5 ALERT_5
24  ENEMY_INVISIBLE_24
33  BOSS_IS_ON_A_RAMPAGE_33
50  ESCAPE_AREA_50
57  ATTACKED_BY_GOODCUTOFF_57
57 ALERT_57
68  ALERT_68
69  SPELLCASTING_69
69 ALERT_69
79  TURN_TO_ENEMY_79
79  ALERT_79
80  ALERT_80
81  RETREAT_80
82  RALLY_TO_ME_82
83  POISONED_83
83 HEALME_83
89  ATTACKED_BY_GOODCUTOFF_89
89 ALERT_89
99  HEARD_SHOUT_57
99 ALERT_99
100 ALERT_100
101  TORTURED_INNOCENT_101
101 ALERT_101
111  MOVE_TO_NEAREST_ENEMY
111 INCOMING_111
115 ALLIBAKKAR_ATTACKED_115
115 ALERT_115
116 LURRAXOL_ATTACKED_116
116 ALERT_116
121 MDK_SHOUT_121
122 MDK_SHOUT_122
151 ALERT_151
152 ALERT_152
153  HP_LT_20_ASSIST
153 HEALME_153
154 ATTACKED_BY_GOODCUTOFF_154
154 INCOMING_154
155 ATTACKED_BY_EVILCUTOFF_155
155 INCOMING_155
199 ALERT_199
200 POISONED_200
2001 HURT
2002 UNDER_ATTACK
2003 ATTACKING
2004 MAGE_HURT1
2005 MAGE_HURT2
2006 MAGE_HURT3
2007 MAGE_HURT4
2008 CDT_HURT1
2009 CDT_HURT2
2010 CDT_HURT3
2011 CDT_HURT4
2012 FIG_HURT1
2013 FIG_HURT2
2014 FIG_HURT3
2015 FIG_HURT4
2016 NEAR_DEATH
2017 DISEASED
2018 HELP
2019 NEED_POTION
2020 RECIEVED_POTION
2021 CHARMED
2022 HELD
2023 BLIND
2024 BOMB
2026 INCOMING_2
2027 INCOMING_3
2028 REGROUP
2029 RUN_AWAY
2030 NHEE
2031 GRAIL
3000 WIZARD
3001 ROGUE
3002 PRIEST
3003 FIGHTER
3004 NO_CURES_LEFT
4000 NEED HELP
4040 CONFUSED
4100 AREA_EFFECT_GROUP
4200 IN_AREA_EFFECT
4210 NOT_IN_AREA_EFFECT
66 DEAD_MEAT
84 IM_BLIND

We need to tighten up your POISONED append. Currently, it's using this:

APPEND ~shoutids.ids~
~1001 POISONED~
UNLESS ~POISONED~

The UNLESS clause is matching anything, including POISONED_83 from Guest/ryba's shoutids.ids file. So, plain old POISONED is not appended, leading to the symbolic lookup failure. If you tighten up the regexp a bit, like so, it should work:

APPEND ~shoutids.ids~
~1001 POISONED~
UNLESS ~\bPOISONED\b~

However, test this--I can remember devSin commenting on the flakiness of \b before.

Okay, the problem itself is clear now: your shoutids.ids indeed already does contain the word POISONED, twice to be exact. Too bad they're followed by _83 or _200. I didn't actually know that WeiDU wouldn't check for the exactly same entry, not just for an entry that contains the same word, when checking if POISONED needs to be appended to the shoutids.ids.

Oh well, that might mean that Amber's custom combat AI will cause the game to crash if her it is in use and she gets poisoned. But I'm not sure actually. ;)

Now I'll just have to figure out how to patch this for future versions... :)

EDIT: Cam was faster! Thanks again!

Okay, the problem itself is clear now: your shoutids.ids indeed already does contain the word POISONED, twice to be exact. Too bad they're followed by _83 or  _200. I didn't actually know that WeiDU wouldn't check for the exactly same entry, not just for an entry that contains the same word, when checking if POISONED needs to be appended to the shoutids.ids.

UNLESS uses regular expressions to match your clause; in this case it was just a bit loose and was matching stuff that it shouldn't.

Oh well, that might mean that Amber's custom combat AI will cause the game to crash if her it is in use and she gets poisoned. But I'm not sure actually. :D

If the game can not find a symbolic lookup, it just uses 0 and moves on. There won't be any crashing, but you will have install errors like this and the scripting relating to being poisoned will likely just not work.

Now I'll just have to figure out how to patch this for future versions...  :)

I think the revised code above should do it. If not, you can always use direct numeric values for the shouts in your scripts and dialogues. ;)

Oh well, that might mean that Amber's custom combat AI will cause the game to crash if her it is in use and she gets poisoned. But I'm not sure actually. :D

If the game can not find a symbolic lookup, it just uses 0 and moves on. There won't be any crashing, but you will have install errors like this and the scripting relating to being poisoned will likely just not work.

Okay, that's good to know. ;)

Now I'll just have to figure out how to patch this for future versions...  :(

I think the revised code above should do it. If not, you can always use direct numeric values for the shouts in your scripts and dialogues. :D

Heh... that's probably the best sollution, I think the AI uses currently both text and numeric values. :)

Archived