Modder input requested

A while back, cirerrek has asked for an expansion of spell.ids to include symbolic lookups for the (as yet unnamed) spells not already listed--primarily the spcl and spins. It also occurs to me that there seem to be a number of common shoutids.ids entries in use. If modders want to suggest entries for either, we can add them in the modder pack.

A while back, cirerrek has asked for an expansion of spell.ids to include symbolic lookups for the (as yet unnamed) spells not already listed--primarily the spcl and spins. It also occurs to me that there seem to be a number of common shoutids.ids entries in use. If modders want to suggest entries for either, we can add them in the modder pack.

Way back when on the old BGScripts eGroups/Yahoo Group I made a list of all shouts used by Bioware. It might be a good idea to list those that are in use (in the unmodded game) so that if modders or script writers want to avoid using them, they will know which are already used. The list was set up with all of the script snippets with the shouts as used, as well as an appendix of sorts where I made a guess as to what was the intention of the shout.

I can't believ I found the file. Here's the "appendix":

// -------------------------------------------------------------

// Appendix I: all the shouts used in the BG2 (& ToB expansion) BioWare scripts.

// Shouts.IDS

// 90

// 1 ALERT_1

// 2 ESCAPE_AREA_2

// 3 ESCAPE_AREA_3

// 5 ALERT_5

// 24 ENEMY_INVISIBLE_24

// 33 BOSS_IS_ON_A_RAMPAGE_33

// 50 ESCAPE_AREA_50

// 57 ALERT_57

// 68 ALERT_68

// 69 ALERT_69

// 79 ALERT_79

// 80 ALERT_80

// 81 RETREAT_81

// 82 RALLY_TO_ME_82

// 83 HEALME_83

// 89 ALERT_89

// 99 ALERT_99

// 100 ALERT_100

// 101 ALERT_101

// 111 INCOMING_111

// 115 ALERT_115

// 116 ALERT_116

// 121 MDK_SHOUT_121

// 122 MDK_SHOUT_122

// 123 HEALME_123

// 124 ASSIST_124

// 125 ALERT_125

// 126 SOLAR_STANCE_126

// 151 ALERT_151

// 152 ALERT_152

// 153 HEALME_153

// 154 INCOMING_154

// 155 INCOMING_155

// 199 ALERT_199

As for suggestions, I think it would be a good idea to "reserve" a range of IDs (say 225-255 perhaps) for *.bs scripts so that the people who still like tinkering with custom scripts for their party won't step on the toes of modders using shouts.

Cheers. :suspect:

If I'm not mistaken, BP uses this same scheme--I know I've seen it before. AFAIK the shouts can take values > 255--Amber uses a 1001 value for a POISONED shout and I've seen others (cirerrek?) use those values as well.

Cheers. :suspect:

If I'm not mistaken, BP uses this same scheme--I know I've seen it before. AFAIK the shouts can take values > 255--Amber uses a 1001 value for a POISONED shout and I've seen others (cirerrek?) use those values as well.

Yeah, IIRC shouts are happy above >255. Specifics, on the other hand, are not happy above 255.

If I'm not mistaken, BP uses this same scheme--I know I've seen it before.

Well it's they are the shouts used by Bioware so it's not surprising. (BTW, what's BP precious? :suspect:)

AFAIK the shouts can take values > 255--Amber uses a 1001 value for a POISONED shout and I've seen others (cirerrek?) use those values as well.

Cool. I wasn't sure at the moment if shouts had to be <256 or not. I usually just fooled around in the 200-205 range myself, as I didn't need more than a handful for player scripts.

Anyway, if you guys are thinking of putting in a replacement shoutsids, then it seems like a good idea to list all of the Bioware shouts.

EDIT: Chev has informed me that BP is the Big Picture mod (which I have heard of). For some reason I thought the "BP" in the post that I quoted was the initials of a person. Doh...

Archived