Need a hint, please...

Wolvenrick05

Guest SleepingDog
Thanks I found map did everything that I was supposed to due Lorraine told me where I could probably find her but no amber anywhere only thing that was there was a man next to a white candlestick . Did I encounter a bug or what  :)

Amber is very resourceful. In the "bedroom" you get a description of what may of happen.

Thanks I found map did everything that I was supposed to due Lorraine told me where I could probably find her but no amber anywhere only thing that was there was a man next to a white candlestick.

Like SleepingDog said there should be a hint for what might have happened in the form of text trigger. (Click the man or the candlestick lying on the floor.)

Did I encounter a bug or what  :)

Probably not, just continue playing. ;)

Was I supposed to get any hints from the slavers who kidnapped Amber? I used Wand of Frost to kill one of them, which of course destroyed all items he was carrying. :) Others had no clues or anything that would point me to slums.

Or I'm just supposed to guess that I need to search the slums because that's where slavers hang out?

Was I supposed to get any hints from the slavers who kidnapped Amber? I used Wand of Frost to kill one of them, which of course destroyed all items he was carrying. :) Others had no clues or anything that would point me to slums.

Or I'm just supposed to guess that I need to search the slums because that's where slavers hang out?

Well, yes. If you are expecting to find some note or other concrete pointer which will tell you exactly where to go, the answer is that there are none. The fact that you have identified the kidnappers as slavers, coupled with the fact that there is a rather extensive slaver operation going on in Athkatla should be enough to point you to the right direction.

And in case anyone is wondering, this is mainly because I feel the kinds of neon-arrow pointers commonly used in CRPGs are kinda silly; I'd like to see more of just implying the logical course of action and letting the player figure out what to do and getting to the right place on his/her own. So much more rewarding than just dumbly running from place to place following explicit pointers given by the game. Kinda tends to unnecessarily remind you of it being just a game.

Well, yes. If you are expecting to find some note or other concrete pointer which will tell you exactly where to go, the answer is that there are none. The fact that you have identified the kidnappers as slavers, coupled with the fact that there is a rather extensive slaver operation going on in Athkatla should be enough to point you to the right direction.

And in case anyone is wondering, this is mainly because I feel the kinds of neon-arrow pointers commonly used in CRPGs are kinda silly; I'd like to see more of just implying the logical course of action and letting the player figure out what to do and getting to the right place on his/her own. So much more rewarding than just dumbly running from place to place following explicit pointers given by the game. Kinda tends to unnecessarily remind you of it being just a game.

I understand, it's just that I haven't done the Copper Coronet quest and my CHARNAME should not yet be aware of the slavers' operation. :)

I understand, it's just that I haven't done the Copper Coronet quest and my CHARNAME should not yet be aware of the slavers' operation. :)

Well, then Amber's kidnapping would be a good first clue that such an operation does indeed exist and should perhaps be looked into. :)

Who else was in your party? Some (unfortunately not yet all) Bio-NPCs have a hint to give after the encounter with the slavers. I'm planning to increase the number of hint giving bio-NPCs as well as add hints for modded NPCs via Crossmod banterpack.

Who else was in your party? Some (unfortunately not yet all) Bio-NPCs have a hint to give after the encounter with the slavers. I'm planning to increase the number of hint giving bio-NPCs as well as add hints for modded NPCs via Crossmod banterpack.

I had Minsc, Jan and Cernd at that time.

Thanks I found map did everything that I was supposed to due Lorraine told me where I could probably find her but no amber anywhere only thing that was there was a man next to a white candlestick . Did I encounter a bug or what :mad:

Amber is very resourceful. In the "bedroom" you get a description of what may of happen.

But how do I get to that bedroom?

I entered the building, killed the guards, talked to the chef and the maiden, went to the upper floor, talked to Gabriel, searched the library, but I still seem not to be able to get through one of these doors. Lock picking doesn't work and breaking doesn't either.

I even waited for Gabriel to go down to the ground floor around 6 o'clock and followed him outside and whereever he went.

I just don't have any clue, what to do next.

Can someone give me a hint?

Look around in the room where you fought the wizard. There is another staircase in there. And once you get into the bedroom, look around VERY carefully. It took me a while too . . .

Good luck.

[quote name='SleepingDog' post='60718'

But how do I get to that bedroom?

I entered the building, killed the guards, talked to the chef and the maiden, went to the upper floor, talked to Gabriel, searched the library, but I still seem not to be able to get through one of these doors. Lock picking doesn't work and breaking doesn't either.

I even waited for Gabriel to go down to the ground floor around 6 o'clock and followed him outside and whereever he went.

I just don't have any clue, what to do next.

Can someone give me a hint?

Ah, you seem to be stuck at an earlier point in Ymmyrt's house. The answer to your problem lies with the demon you fought in Ymmyrt's second floor parlour. You should find somethign helpful on his body after you kill him. As to the "bedroom" that was referred to earlier (not to be confused with Ymmyrt's personal bedroom), you will come across it later.

Archived