[added] Romance restrictions

Guest q

There are 2 ways you could do that.

Since this is a tweakpack forum, I have no way to know which game you are using.

If you are using BG2, you could install the "ignore race/gender" option of Weimer's Ease of Use at PPG. Note that your female pc will now get lots of attention from the 3 bioware ladies. In the games I've tried, Anomen leaves a male pc alone, but this component breaks his quest. I don't usually run un-romanceable races, so I don't bother with this component.

Unless I am mistaken, the "ignore race/gender" option only affects the 4 BioWare NPCs. If you want a mod NPC to love you, you're going to have to cheat. I do not know how this will affect Tutu NPC Romanceable NPCs.

There are a number of global variables that determine whether or not an NPC will romance your character. You can use the Console to sidestep incompatibility based on race. If you are going to go that route, I would recommend checking out "The Extremist's Romance Guide" at SP. The file is large, and the information you want is on page 104.

If you are playing Tutu NPC Project, you are going to have to know the names of the variables. I am afraid I cannot help you with that.

Hope this helped.

Thier should be an option to just remove the race restrictions for the romances.

It's included in BG2 Tweaks: take a look at the Romance Cheats: Ignore Race/Gender component.

And as I said in post I want an option to just remove the race restrictions. I don't want the gender to be ignored. If I want a homosexual romance I'll get Chloe or Nathaniel which are designed to be homosexual romances. And I rather not mess with variables or be a dick to the ladies in order to end the romance. I don't think it would be that hard to add an extra option that is just Ignore Race.

Thier should be an option to just remove the race restrictions for the romances.

It's included in BG2 Tweaks: take a look at the Romance Cheats: Ignore Race/Gender component.

And as I said in post I want an option to just remove the race restrictions. I don't want the gender to be ignored. If I want a homosexual romance I'll get Chloe or Nathaniel which are designed to be homosexual romances. And I rather not mess with variables or be a dick to the ladies in order to end the romance. I don't think it would be that hard to add an extra option that is just Ignore Race.

Don't think there's an option (mod) to do race only, so that means you probably have to go in and manually

set the variables to allow the romancing, probably setting the NPCmatch to a 1 and romanceactive to 1.

As berlinde said, get the romancing guide over at sorcerers place.

Guest Guest

Don't think there's an option (mod) to do race only, so that means you probably have to go in and manually

set the variables to allow the romancing

I know thier isn't an option, that's why I'm asking for one. And as I said I would rather not have to deal with the variables even though I'm perfectly capable of doing so without the SP guide telling me what to do. It would be easier and nicer if thier was just an Ignore Race option instead changing the variables every single time.

Yes, but it's just going to be one more option to the existing three:

• No Racial Requirements for Romance
  • No Gender/Racial Requirements for Romance
  • No Gender/Racial Requirements for Romance, Allow Multiple Romances
  • No Gender/Racial Requirements for Romance, Allow Multiple Romances, Nothing Kills Romances

better as separate:

No Race

No Gender

Multiple

No Kill

This way, each person can choose what they are comforatable with. Hetero/in race/Multiple if they like, or just no kill, or all 4.

They don't stack nearly as cleanly as I'd like to accomplish this. The existing range of options work well enough for folks, which is fine with me.

Archived