ScriptingState6 Parse Error

Tarayani

When I try to install eSeries, I get:

[eseries/build1.5/baf/eArcher.baf.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 6403 column 38-38

Near Text: )

[CheckStat] argument [sCRIPTINGSTATE6] not found in [stats.IDS]

for every Script. However in Stats.IDS, SCRIPTINGSTATE6 is replaced with WIZARD_SPELL_DEFLECTION by Detectable Spells. Should I just replace it or what?

Guest Durak
When I try to install eSeries, I get:

[eseries/build1.5/baf/eArcher.baf.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 6403 column 38-38

Near Text: )

[CheckStat] argument [sCRIPTINGSTATE6] not found in [stats.IDS]

for every Script. However in Stats.IDS, SCRIPTINGSTATE6 is replaced with WIZARD_SPELL_DEFLECTION by Detectable Spells. Should I just replace it or what?

I get the same error when installing. I'm on a Mac btw.

okay, I've had this error a coupld of times, with SCRIPTINGSTATE6 and with LEVELDRAIN. I checked the stats.ids file before running eSeries and everything is there, but then I run the Setup and it gives me this message, so I check stats.ids again, and the state (SCRIPTINGSTATE6 or LEVELDRAIN) is no longer there. So I replace stats.ids with the one in the detectablespells folder, everything is fine again, run setup eSeries, same error message, check stats.ids again, and again the state isn't there anymore. The obvious conclusion is that Setup-eSeries is messing with stats.ids and therefore screwing itself up.

Ah crud.

You are most likely having these problems because there are multiple copies of Detectable Spells floating about.

Kelsey and Ascencion use the oldest version still floating around. One of SimDing0's packs has a version and I believe Oversight has a version.

We'd about come to an agreement on what the latest and greatest 'universal' version of DS should look like, in so far that Horred was in the process of coding it up when he vanished again. Not to blame Horred, since modding is a pasttime rather than being gainful employment, but no one since has picked up the torch to complete the project.

I'm not sure I have the WeiDU codings skills to get it done, but I've had enough complaints at this point, that I'll make an effort to see if I can get the project pushed to a front burner.

I apologize for the inconvenience and hope for your patience.

Thanks,

Archived