De'Arnise Stronghold, arrow fletching talk...

Guest Jelenedra

Guest Jelenedra

So, when I rested right before entering De'Arnise stronghold and after talking to the captain... Kivan suggests making his own fire arrows for the upcoming fight. Fine with me, good idea, I say (since the infinite fire arrows trick didn't work). However, when they woke up in the morning, Kivan now has ice arrows in his inventory that are unidentified and cannot be removed from inventory.

Is this normal? Is he supposed to hang on to those arrows forever without ever using them?

Uhm, actually nope, he does arrows + 3 iirc, not the fire arrows. I never seen them as unidentifiable, as I am using the code from the game. Could it be that you don't have ToB or similar?

Ahhhh, that might be it. I don't have TOB installed.

Yeah, yeah, I know I need to... *sighs* I let a friend borrow the cd and now they don't talk to me..... (figures right?) Waiting for my new copy to arrive from Amazon.

Hopefully I won't have to start my SOA romance with Kivan over when I install TOB...

Yes, they would be unidentified, because I use the in-game item, instead of creating a new one. Which I guess I should to avoid both 'no ToB' incompat and an additional step to ID the arrows.

Guest Guest

His second De'Arnise hold talk makes more sense now, since he mentioned the regular arrows he made are better used for taking down the troll and the fire arrows for finishing them off. I was all, "what other arrows?" =p

I am not sure. What I would try is uninstall all mods and delete Weidu.log. Then install ToB. Then re-install all mods. Then try to load the saved game in the end of SoA and see if the things will work normally from there. You might get soundsets/names scrambled for the modded characters, but usually the mods have String-fixers. In Kivan's case you'll be able to access it via the Player-Initiated Dilaogues menue and ask if something is wrong with his voice. That should correct this glitch if it'll be the only one that would occur.

I am not sure. What I would try is uninstall all mods and delete Weidu.log. Then install ToB.  Then re-install all mods. Then try to load the saved game in the end of SoA and see if the things will work normally from there. You might get soundsets/names scrambled for the modded characters, but usually the mods have String-fixers. In Kivan's case you'll be able to access it via the Player-Initiated Dilaogues menue and ask if something is wrong with his voice. That should correct this glitch if it'll be the only one that would occur.

*Laughs* Oh, I just thought it was a clever way of saying his voice was different from the first game! :suspect: God, am I a nerd. I should've known Kivan wasn't the type to break the fourth wall. =p

Mmkay, so I did things the hardway, I made a backup of my original save game. Uninstalled SOA and cleared all the override stuff and all those other wonderful things. Reinstalled SOA and Installed TOB, got the patch and install BG fixes from here and all my other mods.

I think Kivan is broken, but I am not sure. He gets all of his interjections in. He only banters with other party members if I ctrl+i him. And he has not had a self-intiated talk with the PC since he stumbled after taking Tazok's heart. And I just left the Underdark.

Could I take a look at your saved game? It's easier for me than tormenting you for every variable.

Sure, I just send you the folder to your email?

Sent, I wasn't sure which to send you, so I made an educated guess, tell me if it wasn't educated enough.

Archived