Slight Annoyance

I noticed that after you kill the Ogre Mage in Irenicus' dungeon, Aataqah (the genie), always appears to your main character to talk, even if a NPC destroyed the Ogre. That seems a bit unrealistic, considering your main character would have no idea what Aataqah is talking about. I think this needs changing, but is it a bug or just a tweak?

Thanks,

Biubid_boy.

(P.S. Why is that creature even called an Ogre Mage? It doesn't exactly cast spells, does it?)

I noticed that after you kill the Ogre Mage in Irenicus' dungeon, Aataqah (the genie), always appears to your main character to talk, even if a NPC destroyed the Ogre. That seems a bit unrealistic, considering your main character would have no idea what Aataqah is talking about. I think this needs changing, but is it a bug or just a tweak?

Thanks,

Biubid_boy.

(P.S. Why is that creature even called an Ogre Mage? It doesn't exactly cast spells, does it?)

It is an ogre mage, but it doesn't have a spellcasting script assigned.

Honestly, I don't reaslly know how to address your issue. I can see the argument that Aataqah should reappear and inititiate dialogue with whomever he had spoken to previously, but the game is pretty consistent in assuming that what one party member knows, all party members know (and the protaganist in particular). If you send one character way ahead in an area and (s)he detects a bunch of traps and maps the area, how does the rest of the party know how to get to them (avoiding traps no less) without the character returning for an exchange of information?

Sorry, I know I went more theoretical than your very practical and specific question, but if we start trying to address issues like these it's going to quickly get out of hand IMO.

Archived