Done, Doing, To Be Done

Domi

Phase I

-Valeero's NPC-NPC banter set done up to Nord (ie 2/3).

-implemented Player-Initiated options that advance the timers for every particular NPC for the players who want to see content sooner in the chapter.

-implemented PID option to trigger Nord's subplot for the cases when Salomeya is not in the party

Phase II

-all Chapter 3-specific interjection and talks are now added to the game.

-PID option for Diriel to short-cut through the Fell Forest

Phase III

-added event-dependent one romantic chat for Chapter 3

-started the first talk of the first romance to be written

-build in flirt option, romance kick-start, romance-restoration options into PID for thr first romance to be written

Phase I

-All NPC-NPC banter sets are implemented (ie added all three bonus NPCs)

-Riazdaer's Friendship track is implemented. I like how it turned out, my only concern is that the last talk (which depends on the options chosen throughout the game) might be a bit sudden, but I think it's in character. And, well, I actually like it, even though I thought that Rizdaer won't give an inch of ground. I was mistaken, but heh, that's how it turned out.

Phase II

-all Chapter 4-specific interjections are written.

-Chapter 4 talk for Diriel is written.

I still need to wirte the rest of Ch4 talks, code the interjections and talks, and make a test-run to see if they look Okay.

Phase III

-wrote and implemented the Early Flirt Pack for Romance #1

Phase I

-Peony's Friendship track is implemented.

-resisted the temptation to add two more NPCs.

Phase II

-all Chapter 4-specific stuff done

-done Chapter 5 interjections all the way to Chult (and some in Chult)

-Writing Jaemal's and Diriel's chapter 5 talks

Phase III

-wrote and discussed changes to PC voices for Love Talk 1 of Romance 1

-added a romance-specific interjection for Romance 1 in Chult.

-got a whole bunch of excellent flirt pack suggestions from the editorial team :D

Well, I figure that the first day of the New Year calls for a progress report for 2006....

So what was done in 2006?

Phase I

-For the 10 NPCs:

-Phase I is almost complete: 9 friendship talks for Valeero remain to be done. Phase I consists of 4+ banter between each NPC pair and 9 or 10 banters with PC for each of the 10 NPCs.

-Implemented Frienship track and banter control options from the player-initiated menue (ie if you want to 'push' a dialogue you can try at any time, without using any cheating options)

Phase II

-Interjections are complete for Chapters 0-4 inclusive for 7 NPCs. There are interjections in Chapters 3 and 4 for the 3 Bonus NPCs as well (which should reduce amount of work when I start working on bonus NPCs)

-Chapter 5 interjections are done for most of the Chapter 5, before Dragon's Eye.

-Scenery dialogues (1 per chapter) are done for the 7 core NPCs in chapters 0 through 4 (4 dialogues each, prologue and Chapter 1 were counted as one chapter)

-In Chapter 5 Diriel, Hildury, Jaemal and Salomeya have 'chapter' talks, and I'm working on the ones for Nikosh, Nord and Prachi.

-I'm also working on the remaining interjections in the Dragon's Eye and on the Fields of Slaughter.

Phase III

-Wrote romance break downs for all 4 romance tracks (12 talks each); working on the idea to add an extra romance track for Romance 1 (a homosexual version of the Romance 1)

-Implemented LT1 for Romance 1

-Implemented an early PC-initiated flirts for Romance#1

-Implemented 'romance control' options in the player-initiated dialogues

-Wrote about half of the 'early, outdoors' flirts for the NPC initiated flirt pack for romance 1

-Implemented a few 'scenery' flirts for Romance 1

-Implemented a 'special' PC-initiated flirt pack for Romance 2 (a tongue-in-cheek branch of this romance)

Yay! Finished coding interjections for Chapter 5. It actually was very interjection-heavy. The file is 1400-something lines of code, while all previous onces add up to 3300-something lines of code. Either I forget to add some proofread piece, or it's just Chapter 5 is really heavy + the difference between 7 and 10 NPCs show. Anyway, need to finsh writing 2 more chapter talks and do a test-run through Dragon's Eye, and that would be it for Chapter 5 :) I really hope CHpater 6 will be lighter!

For the couple of guys who wanted to lend a hand with testing - I am uploading alpha 9, so if you want to start now, please let me know. If you want to wait till Alpha 10, whioch will be pretty much the whole mod save for romances and Scenery content for bonus chars in Ch0 thru 3, that's fine too :)

Phase I

-Started on Valeero's 2nd Talk with the PC

Phase II

-all Chapter 5-specific stuff done

Phase III

-added a romance-specific interjections for Romance 1 in the Dragon's Eye and on the Fields of Slaughter. Added a Romance Specific chat for Romance 3.

-some 3/4 way done with writing the NPC-initiated early flirtpack for Romance 1

Well, I've just finished my first IWD2 campaign with joinable NPCs. :hm:

It looks like the end of the game is controlled by one scrawny Global - that didn't even get set in my game- so hacking in the party on the lawn should not be a problem :)

(Yawn) So tired.... Interjections into Chapter 6 day tomorrow.

EDIT: Oh, yes, coded in the early NPC-initiated flirt-pack for romance #1, it's now officially has the full early flirt-pack. And am still sitting on the same 10 first lines of Valeero's second talk. She's not Peony, huh.

Phase I

-Same place, but hope to finish the talk today

Phase II

-all Chapter 6-specific stuff written

Phase III

-added a very nice optional marriage proposal - great thanks to Kulyok for helping with the cutscene stumbling block :hm:

-added a romance-specific chat for one 'flirtable' NPC

Basically after playing through Cpater 6, I think it's too small for extra chapter talks. Providing that all the banter that did not yet occur in the game will have a chance to spring up there, plus a couple of places with the obligatory-for-all interjections (Xvim offer, Final Battle) and the epilogues to follow which is pretty much there to do chatting with NPCs, I cut in only a couple of scenic talks for romantic delight.

Oh, and I suddenly realized that the Concluding dialogues/Epilogues are better written *after* all other content is done, so they can better reflect things that occured in the rest of the game. Hey, if you promised Peony to pay Oswald for a ride over Silvery Moon that should be in the epilogue, right? :)

So, once I've coded Ch6 interjections, I'll be off on another adventure with the NPCs I didn't test yet.

Also, I will need to clean the scripts of the tested NPCs, adding more conditions for example, as in the testing mode I want to see all interactions even if the character is incapacitated, but it's not something that should happen in the "real world".

Plus, I confirmed that DPLAYER3 is the only reliable script for NPC development, so I will be getting rid of the override script duplicate that I maintained up till now. Override scripts (for all of you interested in such things) stop working in Chapter 3-4. DPLAYER3 functions throughout the game.

Well, I am having about the worst writing week ever. I managed 5 talks for Valeero, one which needs to be revised. I guess it is somehow connected with my getting through the "Thousandfold Thought" which is one of the most depressing and exquisetly boring fantasy book. Anyway, Bakker or no Bakker, I will try to pick myself up and start doing some gorram writing. Yep, I'm watching Firefly too.

Yep, the DVD collection is great particulary because the episodes are ordered properly and they have very funny commentary tracks. Fillion's and Tudyk's commentary on the War Stories is almost as entertaining as the dialogue in the episode itself.

Phase I

-Yes! I finished Valeero's friendship sequence! Very happy!

So... this means that Phase I is officially completely ready for alpha-testing. I'll be uploading Alpha 10 once I get a bit of a break so I don't mangle the files or whatever. :rant:

Maintenance

Transfered all scripts to DPLAYER3.BAF

I got sidetracked into Ranger's animal companions script-dreaming, but back on track now. Alpha 10 is downloaded, and off I go to code interjections for Chapter 6/start a new test game for writing/testing scenery content for 3 bonus NPCs :rant:

Phase 2

Coded some 1/3 of the interjections for Chapter 6.

Phase 3

I am on the verge of getting my super-computer and I think I will finish the first draft of the core love-talks for Romance 1 today. I also know the epilogue for this character. It's not exactly happy, but quite heroic. ???

Can't wait to retrun to testing and bug squashing :(

Archived