Done, Doing, To Be Done

Domi

Was a really long time since i checked in here now. Im still curious about your progress and after reading here it it seems to be rolling along great :)

Keep up the great work Domi! :)

Edit: I believe there are many more anticipating this than the people registered :)

Thank you :) Modding is like driving in France - figure out how long it would take you to get from A to B, and then multiply the result by 2. Heh, but we'll get there sooner or later!

Well, of course, but that's when you haven't got the hang of it... :)

Sorry, just had to post...

Heh, not sure about that. It's a function of having all these villages that reduce the speed limit, as compared to long stretches of er... wilderness here.

You guys, don't believe a word she says, the french actually do have highways!! :)

Sorry for highjacking the thread, Domi, I'll be quiet now... :)

Oh, yeah, they are good but very expensive and won't help with local commutes. I mean before we went I thought that Angres is a short trip from around Tours! :) But that's exactly the charm, giving up on zipping around and just soaking up the driving.... (Wink) I wrote Jaemal's coming of spring talk back in France. Heh, time is flying.

Anyways, to get it back on track, I'm still writing the flirts for Romance 3, as gardening took its toll :)

Phase III

-Wrote all flirts for Romance 3. :)

-Planning the flirtpack for Romance 4, because it is very different from all others. I think that unlike other FPs it will consist in the large portion of the *same* flirts but the NPCs responces will change 3 or 4 times depending on the progress of the romance. The NPC initiated pack might be different too, without subdividing into the 'environmental' categories, but more of the free-floating style.

Phase III

-Finished coding for Romance 3's Flirtpack.

-Noticed that by whatever reason I didn't insert the romance breaks for Romance 2 in the FP. :) Will correct!

I just bought a copy of Icewind Dale (the ultimate collection-why get one game when I can get 3), just so I can play this mod.

I avoided picking up a copy of the game before, just because it looked too hack and slash for me. I think this mod will make Icewind Dale 2 worth playing.

But...err..no pressure. Just wanted to encourage you to keep up the good work, and let you know how excited I am for this mod to be finished.

:)

IWD series have their own merits. They are good games, but appeal presently to the gamers who want to develop their own chars or go solo, unlike BG1-2, who appeal to these gamers *and* the gamers who like character interactions. I'm kind of sad that I don't have the drive to do IWD2-Chimeras, which would have updated IWD2 further to a more PC-choices dependent game, but I think that char int will be a good first step to inspire the community to take a look at IWD2 as a material for serious modding.

After seeing how drammaticly the game changes after adding BG1NPC to BG1, I think that NPC addition is what helps to deal with the games' lows and lengthy parts, that every game does have, by providing alternative, ever-running stories.

So, my hope is that IWD2NPC will make IWD2 more entertaining for a BG2 player, though I doubt it will do much for an IWD player, except maybe providing a challenge of getting through the game with a pre-created party on an insane level.

Heh. We'll see....

So, my hope is that IWD2NPC will make IWD2 more entertaining for a BG2 player, though I doubt it will do much for an IWD player, except maybe providing a challenge of getting through the game with a pre-created party on an insane level.

Heh. We'll see....

I have the utmost confidence that it will (ie, that IWD2NPC will make the game more interesting), so don't loose heart!! I, for one, am rooting for you and for this mod. :)

Archived