Can Del/Dur turn the PC into a werewolf - willing on his/her part?

Guest Guest

Guest I am no one

the viral strain that is lycanthropy is a strain of std in that the virus can not survive outside a host and is transferd by all cellular exchange. I have two theory on lycanthropy, one being the though cellular exchange the saliva in a bite or the blood of the werewolf that contax open wounds but the virus is dorment in humen form, the other is that the virus is produced in glands in sirtin fangs that injects the virus in vemon form like a snake, or the glands are located along the top of the muzzle that secrets when pray is nere givng a apreince of drooling can also be aplyed to claws. In human form the openings for the glands are sealed.

turth be told I found my question to be inmacher the hole rezin I asked it to put a little tragedy between her and the player, think about it, how would they overcome that obsical.

Love

"Be careful what you wish for, because you mite git what you ask for not what you wanted" me

It would be a useful device to put some tradgedy between the player and Delainy, but there's also similar angles to be had in Del's werewolf nature and the Player's own Bhaalspawn heritage.

Infection, accidental or otherwise, may end up being a feature, but that'll be up to Bri to decide.

It would be a useful device to put some tradgedy between the player and Delainy, but there's also similar angles to be had in Del's werewolf nature and the Player's own Bhaalspawn heritage.

That would be a cool thing, I think. Imagine if Del bit the PC, and the taint responded with enabling him to turn into a Werewolf (common or greater).

And specific dialogue that only comes between two Werewolves at night.. imagine my PC and Del running off into the forest at Umar Hills, and sitting outside Valygars cabin to howl at the moon. :rant:

Speaking of Bhaalspawn heritage, could you even become infected? I would think that being half god you would be pretty much immune to things like viral infections. Could you still catch a cold being half divine :rant: ? "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's to dark to read." Mark Twain

When the party deals with Keishas, on the Isle of Balduran, she tells the party that they are infected with lycanthropy (belong). She might be lying. Never found out. Apparently, communication of the disease/curse is at the will of the lycanthrope.

Anyway, if this is the case, it is unlikely that Del/Dur would want to do that to the PC.

But, as Big Rob has succinctly pointed out, all this is Bri's decision.

There are no current plans to have Delainy infect the Bhaalspawn with lycanthropy.

However, it is possible for Bhaalspawn to be lycanthropes. The druids of the shifter kit are a good example (although that isn't the only possible to be a shifter). The 'chinchilla' in Throne of Bhaal changes into a werewolf...and it is also a descendant of Bhaal :p

Yes, the description for the Shifter kit does describe training, but that is primarily for the druid to control their lycanthropy, it doesn't stop a Bhaalspawn from being a lycanthrope at all (whether voluntary or not).

Additionally, for those Bhaalspawn who can change into wolves/werewolves, there will be a few special dialogues (which includes druids, mages with shapechanging spells, people who possess the cloak of wolves, etc.)

Finally, the official rules state that lycanthropy can only be passed on by the fangs or claws of a werewolf when they are in their half-human/half-wolf bipedal form, and if the werewolf causes damage. As such, Del will not go for procreating in her hybrid form, while the Bhaalspawn remains in human form (as well as all the other complications which can arise from it.)

Archived