Possible bug?

Tarayani

I'm using a script that makes my player2 (who is a thief) always hide in shadows, but this has never interfered with Amber initiating her lovetalks before. I had the bounty notice talk, after which my player2 died and was raised, which didn't seem to do anything to the romance, as all the flirts were still there. I entered the Bridge district, and got a dialogue from Amber, but there was no text, and the only reply was "no valid links or replies" so I reloaded from before entering the Bridge district, and selected Amber and push Shift-K. I entered the bridge district again and directed my party to walk somewhere, in the middle of which amber would stop walking and just stand there. I figured she was trying to start an LT, so I reloaded several times from the auto-save, but everytime, the same thing happened. It wasn't until I turned off party AI and my player2 came out of the shadows that Amber was actually able to start her LT. This isn't actually a very big deal, but I got the feeling that that wasn't what was supposed to happen.

Edit: Actually, that may not have been an LT she was trying to start, but a flirt, b/c I got Amber looking at me, and when I catch her studying my profile, she opens her mouth to say something, but decides not to.

Looks like I'll have to check the See() trigger for lovetalks and flirts. I would, though, advise against keeping the PC invisible at all times, but it's your choice. :)

That's true, but Player2 doesn't exactly get the chance to converse with anyone, ever, except for Amber, so there's no harm :)

It's just that there might be other similar issues as you described above depending how frequently I've used/not used the See() trigger. I've not designed the triggers with an all-times invisibly in mind. An oversight in my part, yes, I an certainly admit that. :)

It's just that there might be other similar issues as you described above depending how frequently I've used/not used the See() trigger. I've not designed the triggers with an all-times invisibly in mind. An oversight in my part, yes, I an certainly admit that. :)

Ah, I see. Alright, I'll keep that in mind. :)

From a roleplaying perspective, it also doesn't really make sense to be sneaking around in broad daylight, but I suppose I've just been too lazy to push the activate/deactivate button :)

Archived