Buggy/Incomplete Shar-teel - Viconia Banter?

Guest Niai

Hi there. First of all, this is a fantastic mod, and a big thank you to everyone involved in it. It makes Baldur's Gate even more fun to play than it already was (which is quite an achievement!)

But during a play session I had there was an apparent banter between Shar-teel and Viconia which seemed like it hadn't been finished properly. Here's the exact exchange I'm talking about.

Shar-Teel: Tell me, drow, how does it feel to have male dogs clamber all over you and deposit their filthy slobber on your black flesh?

Shar-Teel: BVICONI

Shar-Teel: Ah, but of course, *you* have not known the pleasures of another's touch. You are curious about my most sensual acts? Or perhaps your jealously is getting the better of you, hmm?

Shar-Teel: Why should I be jealous of a common slut?

And the banter ends there.

Sorry if you're already aware of this, but I saw other topics like this and thought you might like to have this brought to your attention if you didn't already know.

As a sidenote, my Shar-Teel romance seems to have been cut short after just one dialogue with her (and I'm pretty sure I didn't mess that one up, since she replied with a positive response). Is this normal?

Thanks again.

Cool... it is now fixed! The problem was a missing "="; the dialogue was supposed to go

Shar: ~Tell me, drow, how it feels to have male dogs clamber all over you and deposit their filthy slobber on your black flesh?~

Viconia: ~Such a brash and idiotic question could only have been delivered by a surfacer.~

~Ah, but of course, *you* have not known the pleasures of another's touch. You are curious about my most sensual acts? Or perhaps your jealousy is getting the better of you, hmm?~

Shar: ~Why should I be jealous of a common slut?!~

Viconia: ~'Tis you who are 'common', elg'caress. Your senses know no outlet but killing, and even in this, you have no art. A few grunts, a spurt, and all is over.~

Shar: ~What a shame it was that <CHARNAME> helped you escape the Fist. We should have slaughtered the lot of you.~

Viconia: ~Indeed, all your senses are corrupted by haste, rivvil. Perhaps I shall teach you the ecstasies of dying... by hours and days, hmmm?~

As for the romance, it doesn't usually cut short, but is pretty difficult to balance (at least for me). Can you check and see what your romance variable is?

Guest Guest

Ah, that's great. Nice to know the problem's been ironed out.

As for the Shar-Teel problem, I searched for other posts and discovered that my character doesn't actually have enough charisma to romance her in the first place (only 10, with the manual used), so it looks like it was just a normal talk instead of the start of a romance like I thought it was. Oh well. I'll do it on another play through.

Archived