Concerning BGT Compatibility...

Guest Zyrusticae

Guest Zyrusticae

I'm guessing this isn't a priority, but the BG1 NPC Project, despite everything I've read contrarywise, really isn't compatible with BGT.

What I mean is, in the BG2 portion of the game the NPCs from BG1 have the dialogues from the project, and not their respective BG2 dialogues, in some cases causing unplayability (Edwin jumps immidiately to mind here).

Uninstalling the mod as soon as I enter the BG2 portion of the game doesn't help anything, as the dialogues remain saved, leaving me to start a new game in order to get the BG2 dialogues again (which is contrary to the purpose of BGT in the first place).

Maybe this is the wrong forum to be asking this, I'm not sure, but is there no way to get the game to check for BG2 so that the dialogues may be corrected? I really like the mod (especially in combination with BGT), but these problems make the game difficult to run through.

All questions in regards to BGT version of the project need to be asked at Spellholdstudios in the BGT forum. We did not participate or test the BGT version, and hence we cannot maintain it. We have neither logistical capability, nor manpower, nor techincal expertize to do so. It is clearly stated in the forum description that we only maintain TUTU version.

Sir Billy Bob is your dude-to-contact over there; I know some of his RL issues are holding stuff back, but both the Ascendency gentleman coordinating parts of BGT and Sir Billy Bob are aware of the new version being built. It may take them some time after the Tutu version is finished to get around to it (it is particularly daunting project), but as Domi says, we have no one familiar with their conventions or the massive number of variables necessary to run so many different mods and so many different games into one massive Trilogy.

On the other hand, if you do have to restart, you can always just use EasyTutu :)!

Since I am working on Zyrusticae's bug maybe you can help me. This should not matter if for Tutu or BGT. I am working on adding ~!Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",1) to the dialogue to stop BG1 dialogues in BG2. I have tested this and it stops her dialogue, but now I have the stutter bug. More info here Got any Ideas?

IF ~!Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",1)
IsGabber(Player1)
 ~ THEN BEGIN IMCH
SAY ~*Imoen seems a little quiet for her. Funnily enough, you do not know all that much about your oldest friend. Perhaps this is a good time to find out what Imoen is all about.*~
++ ~*You decide that you cannot be bothered, lest you learn things you do not want to know about Imoen.*~ EXIT

Thanks for any help.

Since I am working on Zyrusticae's bug maybe you can help me. This should not matter if for Tutu or BGT. I am working on adding ~!Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",1) to the dialogue to stop BG1 dialogues in BG2. I have tested this and it stops her dialogue, but now I have the stutter bug. More info here Got any Ideas?

IsGabber(Player1)
 ~ THEN BEGIN IMCH
SAY ~*Imoen seems a little quiet for her. Funnily enough, you do not know all that much about your oldest friend. Perhaps this is a good time to find out what Imoen is all about.*~
++ ~*You decide that you cannot be bothered, lest you learn things you do not want to know about Imoen.*~ EXIT

Thanks for any help.

That's because you didn't modify her scripts accordingly. Imoen's script still tells her to initiate party banter dialog with player1, but now that you've added ENDOFBG1 check, the game fails to find valid dialog to display. Since the correct dialog is not firing, it can't properly set the global indicating this dialogue has happened. So Imoen will continiously attempt to start non-existing banter again and again.

You must add similar ENDOFBG1 check to whatever script block in Imoen's script responsible for starting these talks.

Actually I believe if you do that, then this change to dialog code is irrelevant. I might be wrong though. :)

Unfortunately, here are quite a few interlocking files that reference these scripts/dialogue calls; due to the nature of the project it is pretty tightly-wund (instead of just adding new pathways, some stuff intertwines with regular dialogue, etc). Movements through D to BAF to area to other BAF, depending on what parts of BG1NPC is installed, what isn't, and what Sir Billy Bob and Hiledskaaf did to adjust the project for BGT. If you look around this forum's threads, there was an incredibly reourceful and detailed BGT person who was able to troubleshoot through a problem with a BGT install and repair an errant section of code working blind. My suggestion is if you are unable to raise SirBillyBob due to his RL stuff, find/PM the other poster. Between the two of you, you might have a new BGT-version trobleshooting team!

(Chev, if the former poster was you, then I really do encourage you to get hold of the BGT folks -- having someone over there who can work on these issues can only help the Project, and that could definitely be you!)

You need to add this check to her script (BAF) instead of a condition on dialogue. What you are doing now has a potential to create a "stutter" bug or dialogue dump if the "closing" variable is not reset via script but in the dialogue file. With what you are doing now, the best case scenario is that she will "swallow" a dialogue (no biggie!), but the worst case scenario is that her script will continue to tell her to initiate a dialogue, and the dialogue with the closing Global is unavailable because of your check. She runs through dialogue file and finds nothing to "feed" in. So she grabs for any dialogue that has true condition on (if Imoen romance for example has flirts assigned to this D file she'll start continously bring those up) or stutters if she has nothing to say.

cmorgan is right they are interlocking. I added the check to her Baf file. Her other dialogue incorrectness seems to be gone. I still get het stuttering over the one place. The 1 current game breaking bug is caused buy the trigger for

IsGabber(Player1)
 ~ THEN BEGIN IMCH

The conflict is with ReiLev.dlg

False()OR(5)
!InParty("Imoen")
Dead("Imoen")
!See("Imoen")
StateCheck("Imoen",STATE_SLEEPING)
!See(Player1)
OR(5)
!InParty("Imoen")
Dead("Imoen")
!See("Imoen")
StateCheck("Imoen",STATE_SLEEPING)
!See(Player1)
InParty("Imoen")
See("Imoen")
!Dead("Imoen")
!StateCheck("Imoen",STATE_SLEEPING)
See(Player1)
InParty("Imoen")
See("Imoen")
!Dead("Imoen")
!StateCheck("Imoen",STATE_SLEEPING)
See(Player1)
!IsValidForPartyDialog("Jaheira")IsValidForPartyDialog("Jaheira")GiveItemCreate("Misc4e",LastTalkedToBy,1,0,0)
AddexperienceParty(4000)
TriggerActivation("Rielevdeadtrigger",TRUE)
DestroySelf()
GiveItemCreate("Misc4e",LastTalkedToBy,1,0,0)
AddexperienceParty(1000)
DestroySelf()GiveItemCreate("Misc4e",LastTalkedToBy,1,0,0)
AddexperienceParty(4000)
DestroySelf()

Do any of you know where this would be in BG1NPC so I can add the block.

I have a comprehensive list of BG1NPC triggers, and this sure doesn't look like any code I have seen -- and I have been putting full workweeks into studying this stuff since mid-June. I will triple check, and post tomorrow am, but this doesn't look like anything we wrote...

Given the name "Rielev" and the item "misc4e" (energy cells), I would hazard a guess that this script is something to do with Chateau Irenicus, i.e. nothing to do with the BG1 NPC Project :).

EDIT: ignore me, I'm being stupid :).

The dialogue with the Gabber() is her player-initiated dialogue. It does not have BAF block, instead ot comes up every time you click-talk PC. By definition it's has an always true condition, and has to be compiled last to prevent it poping up instead of any other dialogue. You've correctly fobade it for BG2. I don't see how it can conflict with Rielev's stuff in BG2.

From my beginner-perspective, sounds like the only way to be sure that everything works is to add the !Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",1) condition to all (hundreds) of BG1 and BG1 mods (including BG1NPC)dialogues and scripts, and then add Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",1)conditions to all of the 1,000,000+ BGT dialogues/scripts. I do not envy anyone that task...

EDIT: ignore me, I'm being stupid :).

Impossible, NiGHTMARE; stating the "obvious" to me is always a good thing :) My memory is patchy, and I have yet to truly dive into BG2ToB enough to remember the names or interactions beyond a very basic level. I am still hoping for a huge runthrough with BG1NPCv12/SCS, going on into a Fixpacked BG2ToB with LoI, Strongholds, , Kivan, Keto, Saerileth, Refinements, and some Tweaks/Big/SimD/eSeries modifications!

Chev, does this mean you will be the BG1NPC for BGT Dude, at least temporarily?

cmorgan,

I have almost no coding ability. SimdingO wrote the line of code for me. I think it should still be SirBB as the goto guy. It seems only BG1NPC and BPack are the mods have problems with what part of BG they are in. I asked over at ShS, but will ask here which would be better !Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",1) or GlobalLT("endofbg1","GLOBAL",1) For testing I have added !Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",1) to X#IMOEN.D, X#IMOEN.baf and X#pcinit.d (imoen's part). My current plan is to add !Global("endofbg1","GLOBAL",1) to all BG1NPC .d and .baf files. then test to see if it works in both BG1 and BG2. If no one can help with this bug I wll get someone to remove the trigger for Imoen in ReiLev.dlg.

Follow up on this; relevant thread is at www.spellholdstudios.net. Chevalier is trying to get Banter Packs and BG1NPC for BGT to work well together; the global setting needed to be 2 due to BGT coding. Please head to the other site and contact these folkes for more info... We want to help anyone who wants to play BG1NPC, but we really, honestly, truly, and completely cannot be helpful on troubleshooting these issues. We are strictly Tutu here. Not a value judgement, not really a choice, but a true "I have never played the game or seen the code". We only deal with the original version and cannot, cannot, can not, are-not-able-to, are-physically-unable-to, will-break-down-and-die-if-someone-PMs-me-about-this-again, absolutely, positively, will never until IBM merges with Apple and they are both bought by Dell and turned into a Flying Toaster Entertainment Division assigned to American Idol LTD be able to

*deep breath*

help in any way

unless you are using

Tutu

or

EasyTutu

ok!

(not aimed at you, Chev, you are the dude for working this out on your end; just dealing with the side-effects :()

Archived