Arkanis and Osprey don't want to leave me...

Ascendency-Down

I think it means she's wounded if half the portrait is darkened. If not, something even funnier is going on.

I checked and yes, 'Mordraine' is hurt, and thus her portait looks like that. So, no bug. ;)

This was a glitch (or exploit) in plain BG1, but I have never been able to reproduce it in Tutu. Though with BG2 Tweaks, apparently you can dismiss these characters to "wait for you at an inn," but the poster doesn't have that. But now I'm thinking... doesn't BG1NPC have the same component? :)

I remember something like that, but as I didn't know what it does, I decided against it... :) I installed components based on some simple thoughts(Can I imagine what it does, does this sound good, or would this change too much...). As I sad, it was a hassle. So many options... I sound like a complete n00b, right? Well, I am. :)

So many options... I sound like a complete n00b, right? Well, I am. :)
Yeah, I know how you feel from when I first started looking around for mods. This thread will probably only confuse you more, but it was intended to lay out all your options when it comes to Tutu mods.

It sounds like you just hit a rare glitch that was present even in unmodded BG1, but we can probably confirm that with a savegame. I've been to Obe's with Tutu and BG1NPC several times and have never been able to trigger it (and I've tried :)).

Only for the bioware ones. It was the Improved Multi-player Kickout Dialogue option for Tweaks.
Eh? These are Bioware NPCs (albeit illusionary ones). I was just thinking maybe BG1NPC mirrored that component, like it does for others in Tweaks (and possibly SCS).
Yeah, I know how you feel from when I first started looking around for mods. This thread will probably only confuse you more, but it was intended to lay out all your options when it comes to Tutu mods.

Thanks! I saw that thread already, and based my mod list partly on that. It really is confusing, but I decided I will not allow any big story changes or new quests. Well, except for BG1 NPC, that is.

It sounds like you just hit a rare glitch that was present even in unmodded BG1, but we can probably confirm that with a savegame. I've been to Obe's with Tutu and BG1NPC several times and have never been able to trigger it (and I've tried :)).

Here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FD6F1LPV

I've read about the glitch in a FAQ after it happened to me unwillingly, but what has become of these poor souls is not something you might have searched for... they are undead and unwilling to cooperate! :)

I don't remember exactly how I did it, me and my new gang slaughtered several waves of monsters, until every new wave was the same as before, and then I left, probably while some of them were still alive, but I'm not sure. Outside, every one of them asked to rejoin my party, which I accepted.

Well, we have a different version which can be installed, but in both SCS (I believe) and BG1 NPC it is character specific (it takes alot of work to make this option happen. dorotea and Domi, et al really had to build alot of content to make the darned thing make sense, and not trigger a party member being able to be left in an obvious Death Zone, etc.)

So in The BG1 NPC Project, installing the "Wait at an Inn" (and the "Move Starting Area") components are specifically tailored to fit each original BioWare NPC. It does not touch mod added NPCs, PC scripts, or global scripts. Or it shouldn't - so just to be sure, I am putting this on the "reheck list" along with a potential Coran issue and a recheck of both Imoen's and Jaheira's Phase2 dialogues and a recheck of the newly recoded Dynaheir Quest and Jaheira Quest. Plus I need to send Domi a check of Faldorn's Quest, and grab hold of Andyr for Tiax's Quest, plus murder my Princess, plus frame Guilder for it... I'm just swamped. :)

(for clarity, the last three clauses were a joke, borrowed from the Prince in The Princess Bride , and do not apply to the post.)

Okay - I have retested this, and can reproduce it every time. The number of NPC varies though - sometimes all of them want to come with me, sometimes only three or four. Everytime they are "undead". On the other hand, everything is fine when I dismiss them at the time they ask.

I took Canderous as my character - maybe he is confused about meeting his identical twin there? One of the NPCs is him, too. :)

plus murder my Princess, plus frame Guilder for it... I'm just swamped. :)
Get some rest. If you haven't got your health, then you haven't got anything.

[Way off-topic trivia: Did you know Nigel in Spinal Tap and the Six-Fingered Man in Princess Bride were *the same man* (Christopher Guest)? Amazing.]

10880.jpg252103s160.jpg

:)

[continued off-topic] My favorite villain archetype-playing actor. Yep - and some really really great other movies and projects too. [/continued off-topic]

On topic: OK, I will definitely take a look at this. I can't recreate it on my own clean install, or on my test bed install (but right now that puppy is a Frankenstien monster so it doesn't matter). I will grab the save, and try to see what is going on. It will be awhile, but I will get it done!

OK, I'll weigh in, though I'm a noobie.

The whole Obe/NPC was an exploit from BG1 where you could retain Arkanis, Canderous, Osprey, Mordaine, and Deder in the party.

How it worked was, you dismiss them all from the party, then talk to Obe to say teleport me outside. But before he does, pause the game and talk to one of the NPC's. Then (sometimes) you would be outside, with an active dialog box to an NPC still in the cellar, who could then talk to the other NPC's and get them to rejoin. The PC could then go talk to Gorion, leave, sit through the movie, and when the next scene starts (as Imoen walks up), all 5 Candlekeep NPC's would be in the party.

Now, I tried to reproduce this (Osprey makes an excellent early game scout with her invisibility SA) but could not. Each was in the party, but I couldn't kick any of them out nor could I leave that area (gather up your party). They were still on the sidebar, but not in the actual area (still in the cellar) = game killed.

My concern was not that they could stay in the party, but that they COULDN'T. I wanted to try to see if there was a way to preserve the original exploit.

If one finds it annoying, it is easy enough to avoid:

1) Dismiss all the NPC's from the party, then talk to Obe.

2) Turn them down (or meet at FAI) if they initiate dialog after you are teleported outside.

I was curious if anyone could STILL get the exploit to work properly and have control of the five (active and in the party) outside CK. If so, how did you do it? I'd love to remove the mod/tweak that is preventing me from getting it to work, I like the original exploit.

BTW, why hasn't anyone ever modded up any of the five? Or at least Bios and some banter? Seems a shame not to rescue them if one can....They are all good characters: Arkanis has great strength and an impossible # of HP's, Deder's Thief stats are also impossibly high. Canderous and Mordaine both have 18's (WIS and INT, respectively) and special abilities to boot. Osprey's stats are a bit low, but she has a nice SA (invisibility). I can see why (plot) for two of the characters, but the other three?

I don't have the expertise, but it might be fun.

See here (in short, Tutu closes the exploit, but BG2 Tweaks reopens it, and yes, it'd make a good mod if someone wrote some dialogue for them :)).

Thanks, for the record: for me, they did all spawn at the FAI, though sans magic wands/shields and all items. I could never get it to work like in the old days (maybe I just forgot how exactly), but this is good enough.

On the mods and the wink issue, is my noobness/boobness showing? Has this already been done and I just don't know it?

Anyway, thanks for the response.

On the mods and the wink issue, is my noobness/boobness showing? Has this already been done and I just don't know it?
No - I just mentioned it'd make a good mod in that other thread too. Also, as I mentioned you do come across Arkanis and Deder later (in the Candlekeep crypts) but I don't think they have a whole lot of content. Also there's an Arkanis in BG2, but I think he's a human rather than a dwarf, so I don't think it's supposed to be the same guy.

Archived