CTD from Suna Seni (Mac)

Gorilym

Heh. Perhaps by the quaternary resources we'll nail it. :blush:

If it is something like the item being randomly generated by rndtre02.itm, it should be manifesting itself is several places--over 400 creatures use rndtre02, including a number in the Temple District itself:

Watchknight Aabir (acolyte3)

Sir Cadril (cadril)

Cyrando (cyrando)

Cultist Guard (cguard2)

Morning Knight x3 (latkni01)

Storm Knight x2 (talkni01)

Commoner (postul2)

Nobleman (postul6)

Talon Nirkhas (cldad)

Knight of the Order x2 (heartg1)

Knight of the Order (heartg2)

You can try walking around the Temple district, or spawnig some of these. If they cause the same issues (judging by your previous successful foray, I'm guessing they won't) we're back to Suna.

Guest s w raly

You got me.

Walking around the Temple district produced no problems; for good measure I CLUA'd a couple on your list - cguard2 and postul2 - without incident. [in fact, I was able to go to the temple district and back to the slums w/o incident - though as soon as I went to the graveyard and tried to leave... CTD.]

Serenity now.

Just... argh. I really was only joking about having to hit quaternary resources.

Just to go ahead and rule out rndtre02... because of lookups of lookups of lookups, rndtre02 can be one of 92 items (excluding gold and dupes). I went through and consoled every one of these into my game without issues. If one of you is feeling particularly helpful and/or bored, perhaps you could run through them?

amul05
amul06
arow02*5
ax1h02
ax1h11
blun03
blun05
blun07
bolt02*5
bow02
bow04
bow06
bow17
bow18
bull02*5
bull03*3
chan01
chan02
chan08
dagg02
dagg15
halb02
hamm02
leat05
leat11
misc17
misc18
misc22
misc23
plat01
plat04
potn08
potn19
potn28
potn31
potn37
potn43
potn44
scrl04
scrl06
scrl66
scrl66
scrl67
scrl68
scrl69
scrl6n
scrl6t
scrl70
scrl71
scrl72
scrl73
scrl75
scrl76
scrl77
scrl78
scrl79
scrl7b
scrl7c
scrl7d
scrl7e
scrl7f
scrl7g
scrl7h
scrl7i
scrl7j
scrl7k
scrl7l
scrl7m
scrl80
scrl8m
scrl8q
scrl8r
scrl8s
scrl8t
scrl8u
scrl8v
scrl8w
scrl8x
scrl8y
scrl8z
shld02
shld04
shld06
sper05
sper06
staf02
sw1h04
sw1h05
sw1h08
sw1h44
sw1h47
sw2h11

Guest s w raly

Well, either I'm dedicated or bored.

I checked through the enitre list and (besides not actually knowing quite how to do multiples - e.g. arow02*5) I CLUA'd each one without issue, including rndtre02.

About the only thing I noticed is that scrl66 is listed twice in your code.

Sorry.

Hm. Are you sure you're actully hitting the Temple district from the graveyard, and not a random encounter area?

Have you tried MoveToArea to each of the random encounter areas: AR0041-AR0046?

In fact, there is a Random encounter on the Gaveyard->Slums path, with a 102 probability. It links to AR0045.

Since there is no graveyard->Temple direct path, it must go either graveyard->slums or graveyard->city gates. I don't know how it chooses, but Slums is listed first.

You can also go graveyard->government, but there is no government->Temple link.

Guest s w raly

It's a VERY long post, I admit, but above we already discuss the fact that, yes, a) this is supposed to be a random encounter - b) that CLUA'ing to ar0041-6 CTD's the game - and c) spawning Suna Seni also CTD's the game.

Thanks, though, for trying to help.

Just looking at Resuna on a clean install on my computer, I notice Item 0 is not placed.

How about being a sport, firing up NearInfinity, and putting Item 0 into weapon slot 1 for me?

I suspect that just might fix your trouble.

Just looking at Resuna on a clean install on my computer, I notice Item 0 is not placed.

How about being a sport, firing up NearInfinity, and putting Item 0 into weapon slot 1 for me?

The changes to Suna are fairly straightforward--she gets an alignment change, a non-referenced item is removed from her inventory (she had a bastard sword listed but it's unused by her creature file) and we add a single charge to Arbane.
The changes to Suna are fairly straightforward--she gets an alignment change, a non-referenced item is removed from her inventory (she had a bastard sword listed but it's unused by her creature file) and we add a single charge to Arbane.

Indeed, this item isn't present in the troublesome Fixpack resuna.cre, and again, the CTDs ceased when the random treasure reference had been removed. It just occured to me that this is quite likely related to crashes I experienced using the Valygar / Suna Seni component of Unfinished Business - crashes occured like clockwork when entering the Copper Coronet for the first time until I uninstalled it. (IE Suna Seni was no longer present)

Guest s w raly

Hey Gorilym, do you still have the resuna file you edited to remove the random treasure ref? I thought I might confirm that removing it also solved the issue for me.

Guest s w raly

I placed Gorilym's edited resuna (with leather arm and arbane but no rndtre02) in my override folder - and both spawned her without issue as well as left the graveyard and successfully made it to the random encounter with her.

I lack the experience to see just where the complex interaction of code could be going astray here. So I'm going to leave this behind (using a local fix) until someone has an explanation or test I can help with.

Yeah, this is a headscratcher. It's the first time I've ever seen the OS X and x86 engine variants differ so wildly on an identical file. If you two are willing to let me experiment, I'd like to see exactly what changes can be made on the OS X side without inducing CTDs--I'd rather pin this down for the next release, and soon. :blush: As soon as I have somethign with which to play around I'll drop both of you an email.

Thanks again for your patience and help.

Archived