about TOB check in the install program

Guest Xel

I installed SoA-TOB-Patches and some big mod like sos,tdd,ts and begin to install amber, but at this time amber install program tell me that "Please install the Throne of Bhaal expansion and the official patch before installing Amber" :D .

But i actually have tob and latest patches installed, and i can enter a tob game. I noticed the amber install program checked the file "baldur25.bcs", and it's true i haven't that file in override folder.

:D:):) Should the "baldur25.bcs" be in the override folder after tob was installed? Why don't i have it ? :D

Sorry for my poor English :)

The check is :

REQUIRE_FILE ~override/baldur25.bcs~ ~Please install the Throne of Bhaal expansion and the official patch before installing Amber.~

If you have ToB, you should be able to remove that line and install normally. (Hopefully Meira and Darios won't come along and chastise me for suggesting non-traditional support means. :) )

For the next version of Amber, I'd suggest changing the line to

REQUIRE_PREDICATE FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~baldur25.bcs~ ~Please install the Throne of Bhaal expansion and the official patch before installing Amber.~

FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME will also check the bif files, so that it will still properly detect ToB if the override folder gets biffed--a very common procedure for the monster BP(-[Aa-Zz0-9]+)* installs.

After some thought it occurs to me that baldur25.bcs is not the best file check. If a modder is lazy, they might EXTEND_TOP baldur.bcs and baldur25.bcs without actually checking for the existence of baldur25.bcs--WeiDU can do this without generating an error and halting the install. An EXTEND to a non-existent script will simply compile the extension as the script, which could result in the presence of baldur25.bcs on non-ToB games. I'd suggest you use mel01.cre as the check instead.

Archived