wishlist

Avenger

Know a good tutorial for a beginner?

Icen

Read the guiscripts while following its run in the game (best is the character generator).

Read the guiscript documentation on the commands as you proceed.

You will need some IESDP knowledge (mainly the .chu filetype) too.

Something that popped into my mind that you can add to the to-do list is a fix for opcode 232 (Cast Spell On Condition).

It's not written in the IESDP that opcode 232 prevents further effects down the extension header from being triggered. Very serious issue, which is why all ingame .spl and .itm files have it last in their abilities/extension headers.

I wrote a patch macro that bumps opcode 232 to be the last effect in all extension headers if anyone is interested (I might as well post it in the WeiDU macros thread).

I imagine many of the other broken opcodes mentioned in the IESDP forum are on the to-do list. :fish:

-Galactygon

Know a good tutorial for a beginner?

Icen

Read the guiscripts while following its run in the game (best is the character generator).

Read the guiscript documentation on the commands as you proceed.

You will need some IESDP knowledge (mainly the .chu filetype) too.

I am the n00biest of n00bs, how exactly do you do this?

Icen

1. read what i wrote

2. do as i wrote (no need to follow them in the sequence i wrote them, start with the one you think is the easier)

3. ask questions if you are stuck

The required skills are only reading and browsing a wiki :fish:

Can I run in Vista without partitioning my hard drive?

Because I am looking at all the .py files an almost understanding, but if I run GemRB.exe it can't find GemRB.cfg. Do I rename the .Sample file and use that?

EDIT: I tried that and it seems to work, and I am putting my filepaths in now.

I followed the HOWTO thread, but I think I downloaded a compiled version. It can't find python25.dll, do you know where I would get this?

Icen

Guest CxR2262

Playability on Wii through the Homebrew Channel made accessable through Twilight Hack. [Wiibrew.org]

I don't know much about coding, nearly anything in fact though I understand the concepts and have attempted to code in the past, and I haven't used this program before but I remembered seeing it before and getting excited over it... But I will be trying to make a Wii Homebrew Channel version playable through the SD Card, the conversion to Wii is apparently reasonably simple but the controls would be something perhaps beyond my experience.

If the team would be willing to do work on a Wii Homebrew Channel version of Gem RB it would be extremely popular and well appreciated :)

Someone has converted Quake to the Wii, wherein it makes use of the motion sensing in place of a mouse and they also have made a ScummVM for the Wii which lets you play point and click adventure games made for the PC on the Wii using its motion sensing in place of a mouse... So if the Gem RB team would make this it would be awesome using the motion sensing and it apparently wouldn't be hard to do.

Guest CxR2262

It has already been done. :)SDL Wii

I have little to no knowledge of C++ and therefore wouldn't be able to port Gem RB myself, though if you don't I will try my best, but it apparently is rather easier to port things to the Wii and since there is already SDL support why not give it a shot?

Archived