wishlist

Avenger

Guest CxR2262

Python on Wii has already been made available. http://www.team-gx.org/?p=163 :)

And I don't see why OpenAL would be a problem, don't a number of Wii games use the system? But if it was a problem I doubt people would mind the lack of sound, and I'm sure the problem could eventually be solved.

If you have those 3 libraries, all you have to do is to download the sources and compile it :)

The trick is that all 'tough' parts are already cared by sdl and openal. Python would compile everywhere too.

So, we don't really have to make efforts for a new platform.

I've been looking around the forum and I read this thread :

Engine limitations about kit creation

Some of them are already fixed, especially the 9 limit. What about the other ones ?

I read that when you install more than 9 kits they are all 'there' (in game's resources) but they're just not accessible to choose from GUI during character creation (only the 9 most recently installed per class), would this be possible in gemrb to load all installed kits and to scroll through all of them with mouse wheel? The same would go with spells that if are installed in too big number many of them no more fits in wizards' and priests' books, though they're technically still 'there' (but in GUI only the first sort of them appear in alphabetical order). I'm also eager if gemrb is able to overcome the limitation of 100 positions in bg2 songs' list?

Are high-res modes supported, or is it planned to add such support? I would love to see 1280x1024 working properly in particular because 1024x768 looks crappy on my LCD display.

High res needs new *.chu files. The code shouldn't change (probably just guiscript).

The original engine simply rescaled (and sometimes faulted at it) smaller res bitmaps for the high res.

It is possible that we do this as well (except that we would do it right), but this isn't top priority.

Yeah, with widescreen mod we can already play in many higher resolutions. Once I read a thread where players were asking if this mod could also alter world map screen to show much more of the huge map from WorldMap mod in bigger resolutions, and the mod's author agreed that this would be cool, but not possible as it's hardcoded, I hope that if gemrb will have higher resolutions eventually implemented the world map would trully benefit from it :)

Best wishes and keep up the good work! :)

Yes, kits are nicely scrolled. With spells it is different, since the control doesn't have any scrollbar of its own and has nonstandard graphics. The songlist limitation is also gone.

The scrollbar for spells could be added by anyone with moderate modding skills.

It needs .chu editing and some guiscript code.

The problem is that we should provide the modded .chu and we avoided modding original game resources whenever possible.

Mostly because that would mean incompatibility with other mods.

Yes, kits are nicely scrolled. With spells it is different, since the control doesn't have any scrollbar of its own and has nonstandard graphics. The songlist limitation is also gone.

Well, I have installed plenty of kits (rtt kitpack, warriors kitpack, morituri and so on) just to see them being nicely scrolled, but when I clicked fighter class button gemrb (newest svn) crashed:

[GUIScript]: Runtime Error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "./GUIScripts/bg2/GUICG22.py", line 75, in OnLoad
Button = KitWindow.GetControl(i+5)
 File "./GUIScripts/GUIClasses.py", line 70, in GetControl
return GemRB.GetControlObject(self.ID, control)
RuntimeError: Control is not found

About songs, you say this would be really really posible, e.g. in Baldur's Gate Trilogy mod to make one songlist for both parts of the saga with all the original music? I also imagine how big could it grow in BiG World Project install without cutting it every now and then to 99, but if not doing that, let say if the list had 300 positions would all the music work as intended in all those various mods? :D

The scrollbar for spells could be added by anyone with moderate modding skills.

It needs .chu editing and some guiscript code.

The problem is that we should provide the modded .chu and we avoided modding original game resources whenever possible.

Mostly because that would mean incompatibility with other mods.

But if it really could be possible I imagine gemrb would very quickly deprecate the original engine :) I would love to see already a proof-of-concept for that idea even if a new scrollbar would be the ugliest thing on earth :)

Songlist: i don't quite see why the original engine had that limitation. They have 'unlimited' projectile ids, which seems more difficult to me than this unlimited songlist.

Odd, i couldn't reproduce this bug.

I guess because i don't have enough kits.

I don't see any scrollbar for the kits, though...

You need to add this to guicg22.py, line 72 as a temporary solution:

if RowCount>10:

RowCount=10

This will of course not give you access to the extra kits, it will be the same as the original game.

Adding a scrollbar will require custom gui :)

As for custom gui, well, i made guils.chu (and its guiscript) from scratch.

It even contains a new gui control type (the progressbar).

Adding a new scrollbar on the existing .chu is mostly an artistic task not programming :)

I believe DLTCEP is good enough for the average modder to edit a .chu.

Guest Dav

The character generation of mage class is broken, I could chose only spell from 1st level, and after accepting at the end I got:

[KEYImporter]: Searching for MXSPLWIZ.2da...[Found in Override]

KitValue**********: *

[GUIScript]: Syntax Error:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "./GUIScripts/bg2/CharGen9.py", line 18, in NextPress

FinishCharGen()

File "./GUIScripts/bg2/CharGen9.py", line 65, in FinishCharGen

GemRB.SetPlayerStat (MyChar, IE_KIT, KitValue)

AttributeError: SetPlayerStat(Slot, ID, Value)

Changes a stat.

I didn't install any mods adding new spells, but is gemrb prepared for it ? :rolleyes: Besides the very same new scrollbar from kits window would fit here too:

scrollbarn.jpg

Now supposing I would want to add it myself I wouldn't have to edit so many files as you did, just a few from GUIScripts/bg2, right?

This also came to my mind when reading about incompability between Check the Bodies and Neverending Journey that there are creatures that use the same animation slots, and there is no fix for that, I fought it could be because engine has too small number of those animation slots, could gemrb fix this?

Yes, you need only to modify guicg7.py, i guess.

GemRB could handle roughly 65000 animation slots.

But you need to edit the creatures and avatars.2da to resolve the conflicts.

Editing avatars.2da is not recommended, because it is supplied by gemrb and independent editing would result in incompatibilities too.

If there is high community demand (and consensus), the file could be modified on our side, so it would stay consistent.

Of course, if you are going to write a NEW game (or TC), then feel free to alter the file. It will just be incompatible with everything else that would also modify it.

The character generation as a whole is still limited to generating level 1 characters. What kind of mage did you make? I'm assuming you're using a pretty recent svn too?

Guest Dav

I see, thanks for clarifying. I made pure mage, I chose only 2 spells from first level and gui skipped next levels, and after naming character I clicked the last accepting button and nothing happened, just that console output. Yes I tend to use very recent svn code and I noticed a big bunch of commits yesterday :rolleyes:

Guest Dav
Yes, you need only to modify guicg7.py, i guess.

I don't know python (yet), but I think GUICommon.py 'def GetMageSpells (Kit, Alignment, Level)' could not load more than 100 spells per level ('for i in range(100):') and maybe it's not enough in really huge installs. I think we would need a new funtion there def GetMageSpellsCount (Kit, Alignment, Level)

def GetMageSpellsCount (Kit, Alignment, Level):
MageSpellsCount = 0;
SpellType = 99
Table = GemRB.LoadTableObject ("aligns")
v = Table.FindValue (3, Alignment)
Usability = Kit | Table.GetValue(v, 5)

for i in range(500): 
	SpellName = "SPWI%d%02d"%(Level,i)
	ms = GemRB.GetSpell (SpellName, 1)
	if ms == None:
		continue

if Usability & ms['SpellExclusion']:
		SpellType = 0
	else:
		SpellType = 1
		if Kit & (1 << ms['SpellSchool']+5): 
			SpellType = 2
		if Kit == 0x8000 and (0x4000 & ms['SpellExclusion']):
			SpellType = 2
	MageSpellsCount = MageSpellsCount + 1

return MageSpellsCount

And so I could depend on it in guicg7.py, if I there is more than 24 spells so the scrollbar needs to be shawn ('if MageSpellsCount > 24', 'MageSpellsWindow.CreateScrollBar(1000(?), x,y, width, height) ... before 'for i in range (24)'), and than I would need to implement RedrawSpells triggered from ScrollBar.SetEvent(IE_GUI_SCROLLBAR_ON_CHANGE, "RedrawSpells"), that's all? Sounds possible to me :rolleyes:

Guest Dav

I installed The Darkest Day mod, and now having almost 20 available Fighter kits :rolleyes: But:

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI101.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI102.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI103.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI104.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI105.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI106.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI107.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI108.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI110.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI111.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI112.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI113.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI114.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI115.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI116.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI117.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI118.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI119.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI120.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI123.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI124.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI125.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI126.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI127.spl...[FOUND]

[KEYImporter]: Searching for SPWI128.spl...[FOUND]

does this mean there are now 28 spells for first level?

TopIndex = 0

GemRB.SetVar("TopIndex", 0)

if SpellsCount > 24:

MageSpellsWindow.CreateScrollBar(1000, 290, 47, 16, 200)

ScrollBar = MageSpellsWindow.GetControl (1000)

ScrollBar.SetSprites("GUISCRCW", 0, 0,1,2,3,5,4)

ScrollBar.SetVarAssoc("TopIndex",SpellsCount-24)

ScrollBar.SetEvent(IE_GUI_SCROLLBAR_ON_CHANGE, "RedrawSpells")

ScrollBar.SetDefaultScrollBar()

for i in range (24):

(...)

tddspells.jpg

It's kinda working I guess ;) Now just good pixel placement and redrawing :mwaha:

Archived