Non recruitable NPCs kitting!

Salk

Hello! :(

I am working on giving a kit to non recruitable NPCs in TuTu and I would like to have your opinion. I have already kitted some of them but most have no kit as yet. Of course the kits available are those that comes with TuTu. All of them are represented. Obviously not all the NPCs need to have a kit.

I write here a list of the kitless ones. I will update it once we get valid suggestions for a specific character.

Please feel free to express your opinion and motivate it!

I gladly accept reasoning for why one specific NPC should not really have any kit!

I thank you all in advance for your help in this endeavor! ;)

NPCs LIST:

COMPLETED

I think a list of which kit you're planning to assign may be useful as well.

If I may ask out of sheer laziness... :( Divine Remix currently kits non-joinable cleric NPCs as appropriate in BG2 (i.e. the priests at the various temples), and it's been on our to-do list for Tutu NPCs as well. If you could keep an eye out for clerics who should be kitted with DR kits it would be much appreciated. ;)

I think a list of which kit you're planning to assign may be useful as well.

If I may ask out of sheer laziness... :( Divine Remix currently kits non-joinable cleric NPCs as appropriate in BG2 (i.e. the priests at the various temples), and it's been on our to-do list for Tutu NPCs as well. If you could keep an eye out for clerics who should be kitted with DR kits it would be much appreciated. ;)

I have already done it!

And since the Mod I am working for requires Divine Remix, I do believe a cooperation is in order here.

About the kits I have already assigned, I thought to avoid encumbering a list which is already very long. That's why I have removed them. Simply because a decision about those NPCs have been already made.

The kits that are available for being assigned are all those that come with the original Baldur's Gate 2 plus all the clerical kits in Divine Remix. That's why I was hoping for you guys here to perhaps code up a Priest of Cyric since there is a vacant space left there. He'd be the most useful clerical kit for me, I must confess... :p

Here however comes a list of all the possible kits Aigleborgne (the real author) will be going to insert in the game together with their specific ingame scripts:

Barbarian

Monk

Wild Mage

All shools of Magic:

Abjurer

Transmuter

Diviner

Conjurer

Invoker

Enchanter

Necromancer

Illusionist

Berserker

Wizard Slayer

Kensai

All the clerical kits of Divine Remix:

Morninglord of Lathander

Watcher of Helm

Stormlord of Talos

Sivlerstar of Selune

Nightcloak of Shar

Battleguard of Tempus

Painbearer of Ilmater

Firewalker of Kossuth

Authlim of Iyachtu Xvim

Lorekeeper of Oghma

Hearwarder of Sune

Archer

Beast Master

Stalker

Avenger

Shapeshifter

Totemic Druid

Assassin

Bounty Hunter

Swashbuckler

Skald

Blade

Jester

Cavalier

Undead Hunter

Inquisitor

Of course some of them will be largely underrapresented (and namely Paladins and Rangers) as the game is strongly good-oriented but we are trying to include at least one representant for each kit...

Thanks!

But you're going to create some new kits, which can't be selected by PC?

Hmm... you can give a Thug kit to many rogues in Baldur's Gate. Also greatest mages like a Tethoril or Elminster should got Archmage kit (f.e. faster spellcasting, bonus spells). Maybe some kits like Shieldbearer, Guard?

If you need a help with kitmaking maybe I can help you.

And since the Mod I am working for requires Divine Remix, I do believe a cooperation is in order here.

Absolutely, just less us know what we can do to help (in addition to the Strifeleader kit :( ). You and aigleborgne now have access the DR workroom, so feel free to post away there or here.

One of my main goals in the fairly-close-to-completion DR v4 I've got sitting on my HDD was to make it easier--much easier--for other modders to tie into the DR spell sphere system if they wish. Once I've got the system finalized I'll post a how-to for modders.

But you're going to create some new kits, which can't be selected by PC?

Hmm... you can give a Thug kit to many rogues in Baldur's Gate. Also greatest mages like a Tethoril or Elminster should got Archmage kit (f.e. faster spellcasting, bonus spells). Maybe some kits like Shieldbearer, Guard?

If you need a help with kitmaking maybe I can help you.

Sorry if I have not been clear. I am not at all going to create new kits.

I am just going to assign the existing Bioware kits to various NPCs in TuTu/BGT as part of a bigger scope project (Enhanced Creatures at http://forums.blackwyrmlair.net/index.php?showforum=91)

What I was simply asking for is some suggestions, if anyone has any, about specific NPCs in the list that are presently unkitted. :(

All right - sorry for that. But.. hm.. what do you think about create some monster kits? For example in Sword and Fist classbook there was a prestigue class called Rock Thrower, only for giants. Maybe something like that will interest you?

All right - sorry for that. But.. hm.. what do you think about create some monster kits? For example in Sword and Fist classbook there was a prestigue class called Rock Thrower, only for giants. Maybe something like that will interest you?

Hello!

I must point out that I am really no modder. I am a simple "helper" of the guy behind all this (aigleborgne) and I am happy to tell you that monsters already have been given special abilities according to P&P. Example: bears can now "hug" the enemy dealing crushing damage like it happens in P&P. Spiders have been completely rewritten. This is just to mention a couple of the surprises people installing this Mod are going to experience. But there is much more so keep yourself tuned... :(

Archived