Dynaheir Romance

Guest Miraz

I picked up Dynaheir, but I'm only getting FTs instead of LTs. In Shadowkeeper, the romance variables don't even exist. I have all the necessary attributes and alignment, so what's going wrong?

I do have Branwen in my group, but I don't intend to romance her. The romance variables for Branwen do exist though. If I purposefully end the Branwen romance (which has barely begun), will the Dynaheir romance start up? Or have I screwed up any chance for the Dynaheir romance?

What's your reputation? Dynaheir doesn't like bad boys.

You might also want to check to see if a compatibility check has been made. It would be something like X#DYNAHEIRROMANCECHECKMATCH, and it should be 1. If not, you could find out what the exact variable is and set your globals manually. But that would involve knowing the exact variables, which I do not.

What's your reputation? Dynaheir doesn't like bad boys.

You might also want to check to see if a compatibility check has been made. It would be something like X#DYNAHEIRROMANCECHECKMATCH, and it should be 1. If not, you could find out what the exact variable is and set your globals manually. But that would involve knowing the exact variables, which I do not.

My reputation is 12-13, high enough for her. I checked everything out in the romance PDF to make sure I fit all the requirements.

My first thought was to check out those variables, like the match one ... but they're simply not there. I can only find DynaheirFriendlyTalk ones. The only variables which exist relating to romances are Branwen's match and ROMANCEACTIVE variables (it's progressed to the fourth lovetalk, but I don't want to progress with Branwen, just Dynaheir).

I'd run into a problem when I tried the Dynaheir romance before. In my case it was just a question of timing, but I did write down the necessary variables in the linked post. I think the first thing you are going to have to do is use the console to set the CheckMatch to 0, then CheckMatch to 1, Match to 1, and RomanceActive to 1.

http://forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showtopic=6441

If you haven't used the console before, you will need to make sure you have added "Debug Mode=1" without the quotation marks to your baldur.ini file, right under program options. Then, on the game screen, you press CTRL and SPACE simultaneously to open the console window. You would enter the following, using the format below:

CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("X#DynaheirRomanceActive","GLOBAL",1)

This example was given to provide you with the correct format for capitalization, quotation mark use, and spacing. I don't remember if the actual variable is correct, but you can check the linked post for that.

Apologies if you already know how to do all this. I do not mean to insult your intelligence, but it seems better to be complete than to assume that you've done all this before.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for your help, I do know how to use the console, but I appreciate the detailed reply :(.

I tried editing all the variables with the console, but it didn't have any effect. Still nothing happening after I change them.

What's confusing me is why I can't see any of the variables you listed in Shadowkeeper. They're literally not there.

That is strange. Hopefully, someone with a better understanding of the inner workings of the game is going to jump in and offer a suggestion, because that was the best I can do fo you. Sorry.

Out of curiosity, what comes back when you enter the following at the console?

GetGlobal("X#DynaheirRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

If you are setting the variables, it should return the values you entered.

That is strange. Hopefully, someone with a better understanding of the inner workings of the game is going to jump in and offer a suggestion, because that was the best I can do fo you. Sorry.

Out of curiosity, what comes back when you enter the following at the console?

GetGlobal("X#DynaheirRomanceActive","GLOBAL")

If you are setting the variables, it should return the values you entered.

It does return all the globals. It's just that nothing seems to be happening with them. For instance, LoveTalkTime doesn't seem to be counting down at all, even after setting all the other variables correctly.

I'm curious, what did you mean by your problem being a matter of "timing"?

Hm, well I don't think I've spent quite that long with her in the party ... but I have got the romance set to 30 minutes, and she's been in it a couple of hours. I've had a couple of friendly talks, but no LTs.

And that I can't see any romance variables for her in SK makes me think something's gone very wrong.

Dynaheir romance waits for a few friendship talks to pass by, and yes, it have the initial timer that is > 30 minutes, independently of your settings. That's done so you can get some essential info from the frienship talks about Rashemen's culture, Hathran etc, so she does not have to repeat it in her talks.

Archived