Known bugs - all fixed in v5

DavidW

Guest Freedan
Guest: I'll chase the Balduran's Isle problem. (Sorry to you and others: I'm a bit behind on bugfixes right now for RL reasons, will catch up shortly I hope!) Can I confirm that you're playing with a female protagonist, so you were flirting with Durlyle earlier in the Isle quest?

Thought I'd confirm that. Yes. I was also following the Coran romance of the NPC Project.

Guest: I'll chase the Balduran's Isle problem. (Sorry to you and others: I'm a bit behind on bugfixes right now for RL reasons, will catch up shortly I hope!) Can I confirm that you're playing with a female protagonist, so you were flirting with Durlyle earlier in the Isle quest?

Thought I'd confirm that. Yes. I was also following the Coran romance of the NPC Project.

I'm pretty much certain you'll find this is fixed in v3. (let me know if you try!)

Guest Urmstone

Hi David

Great mod so far! In chapter 3 and having heaps of fun. A couple of bug reports though....

1/ Two Neiras - the assassin who accosts you in the Nashkel tavern showed up again with the bunch of amazon assassins originally from the Nashkel mine exit area. She died just as quickly as the first time :) but I was surprised to see her again!

2/ Buffing - same thing as above, both Bassilus and Mulahey helpfully buffed me & my party up.

Also have noticed minor lagging when entering an area. I presume lots of scripts are running - not a particular problem, just thought I would mention it.

Looking forward to all the battles to come...Mulahey was the toughest so far, not enough room to manoevre (ie. run away) in that little cave...

Hi David

Great mod so far! In chapter 3 and having heaps of fun. A couple of bug reports though....

1/ Two Neiras - the assassin who accosts you in the Nashkel tavern showed up again with the bunch of amazon assassins originally from the Nashkel mine exit area. She died just as quickly as the first time :) but I was surprised to see her again!

It's her twin sister.

Or it's a bug which I'll fix in the next release. They all have similar names...

2/ Buffing - same thing as above, both Bassilus and Mulahey helpfully buffed me & my party up.

Now that's irritating - I thought I'd fixed it. I'll have another look.

Also have noticed minor lagging when entering an area. I presume lots of scripts are running - not a particular problem, just thought I would mention it.

Do you mean it just lags for a moment when you enter, then it's okay? If so then yes, I think it's just that lots of scripts are running. I can't really do much about it, so I'm glad it's not too disruptive.

Guest Urmstone
Do you mean it just lags for a moment when you enter, then it's okay? If so then yes, I think it's just that lots of scripts are running. I can't really do much about it, so I'm glad it's not too disruptive.

Yes, it seems to be a temporary thing when I enter an area. If its the trade-off for more intelligent enemies, I can certainly live with it!

If I come across anything else which looks buggy on my travels, will let you know. :)

One final (non-buggy) thing - I recruited Tiax in Beregost, and his "summon ghast" ability is a bit overpowered for a low level party (possibly one of the reasons why you had to wait until entering the city before you could recruit him in the original game). The ghast's paralyse ability is wiping the floor with a lot of enemies. Might it be worth moving Tiax to a slightly more challenging location? Just a thought.

Cheers.

Guest Guest_Shibby_*

I am having lag problems with the smarter mages component of SCS 3.1 in easytutu. All creatures moving in the area freeze for a split second, about every four seconds or so, no matter what area I am in or how long I have been there. All the other components seem to work fine, including smarter priests. I had no problems like this in v2 of this outstanding mod, is there a fix for this issue?

I am having lag problems with the smarter mages component of SCS 3.1 in easytutu. All creatures moving in the area freeze for a split second, about every four seconds or so, no matter what area I am in or how long I have been there. All the other components seem to work fine, including smarter priests. I had no problems like this in v2 of this outstanding mod, is there a fix for this issue?

I've once seen something similar, but I wasn't able to reproduce it, much less identify its source. I'd wondered if it was connected to an invisible mage being in the area, but that doesn't seem consistent with the fact that you're getting it everywhere. So right now I'm not sure what to suggest... I'll have another look and see if I can reproduce the problem. Anyone else had something similar?

I've once seen something similar, but I wasn't able to reproduce it, much less identify its source. I'd wondered if it was connected to an invisible mage being in the area, but that doesn't seem consistent with the fact that you're getting it everywhere. So right now I'm not sure what to suggest... I'll have another look and see if I can reproduce the problem. Anyone else had something similar?

Only in version 1 long ago, but not since that...

Guest Urmstone

OK, have entered the Cloakwood now - I'm in the bit with the spiders. The beefed up giant spiders are a good idea, but they appear to be casting web after they fell victim to one of my sleep spells - I presume this shouldn't be happening? It's making them a bit too overpowered (I can wipe out the sword/phase spiders easily compared to the giant spiders, which is a bit odd given their relative XP rewards).

Guest Urmstone

OK, another bug report. Went upstairs in Sorcerous Sundries to take on the four mages there. Only the leader (Niemain) turned hostile after he finished speaking, and this triggered eight lots of defensive spells to be cast instantly on himself. The other three mages only turned hostile once I attacked them.

Guest Freedan

Just to let you know, played though Balduran's Isle with a female PC again. Durlyle showed up on cue and Kaishas let me go without a fight. No problems this time.

The fix for this is to add a block of code to magecore.baf as David indicated in this thread so that mages skip their "smarter" scripts except while in combat. Otherwise the scripts run all the time, thus causing the lag.

I have noticed another glitch in the [skip Candlekeep] component. Apparently there's an undocumented feature here that causes Gorion to track you down (I confirmed this by backing out the component). Which makes sense if you want to get out of town in a hurry. But that same feature apparently causes some odd things to happen when you're leaving, most notably the absence of Gorion at the town gates - yet you still get buffed by his protection spell. :)

Guest Maugrimme

Hi,

Great mod, but have encountered the same problem with regards to duplicate Neira and Amazon group appearing at same time; different location.

Same happened with Molkar and co from Gullykin, however they were not placed in Gullykin after that fight; is this a new placement?

Also, in Bandit Camp after defeating the group in Tazoks Tent; upon leaving Taugosz says his line and then should presumably attack, this is not happening however and he keeps repeating the line every couple of seconds.

Not a big deal as can get round it by force attacking to turn him hostile

If I find any more will let you know!!

Maugrimme

V4 of SCS fixes all the above bugs that I can find. Specifically, it fixes:

- Neira amongst the assassins

- mage script slowdown

- Gorion chasing you

- Sleeping spiders casting webs

I can't reproduce the following, so I'd appreciate more info if anyone else gets them:

- Taugosz dialogue looping at the start of Ch. 4 (Improved Chapter 3 Endfight component) [Edit: it turned out to be a problem that turned up in EasyTutu but not vanilla Tutu. Fixed in v5]

- Sorcerous Sundries Zhentarim not going hostile

- Mulahey and Bassilus buffing party (I've heard unconfirmed reports that this might be an old version of the BG2 fixpack or something; in any case I can't reproduce it locally) [Edit: it turned out to be a problem that turned up in EasyTutu but not vanilla Tutu. Fixed in v5]

- problems with where the Amazons turn up (I'm guessing that this is due to installing SCS part-way through, which occasionally can cause confusion with the moved-assassins component).

Guest coaster

Thanks David. I've started a new game with v4 installed.

Can I just clarify if this is working correctly? I'm at the FA Inn confronting Tarnesh. He casts Horror at me, but then runs away. Is this because my (solo) PC has cast Shield (which protects against Magic Missile), and Tarnesh only has MM memorized - so he decides to run rather than fight? I just want to make sure this is intentional :)

Archived