Timer Not Counting Down

Miraz

I spent quite some time before I realised that Shar-Teel wasn't saying much. I realised I had the wrong alignment and reputation, so I used Shadowkeeper to change them. Now, everything works fine ... except that the SHARINTERESTTIME counter which sets off the lovetalks isn't counting down. I can only get the next lovetalk by manually setting it to 1 using the console.

I can do that and the romance will carry on fine, but it doesn't feel the same. Anyone know how to get that pesky counter to start ticking?

...except that the SHARINTERESTTIME counter which sets off the lovetalks isn't counting down.

That's because Global Timers (and Real Timers) don't actually count down. The value that is stored is the game time (or real time respectively) when the timer will go off i.e. once the in-game timer (or the in-game real timer) passes that number, the alarm goes off and your talk will fire.

That's why setting it to 1 works, because trivially the in-game timers will be greater than 1 and the talk will fire.

Archived