BG1NPC v12 TRA files log for Future Updates

cmorgan

Who's got Coran's lovetalks--I see the file is claimed with no name.

I'd like to know, if nothing else, to make sure it isn't me! Not that it matters, because if it wasn't claimed, I'd move on to it after the file I'm doing now, but I see that it's blue, so it must be claimed.

OK, back to work.

cmorgan, I hope you're not sleeping because this is a dialog token question.

In CRNPC, line 18:

@18 = ~Strange, eh? I’d swear, ye were after more than a flinggy. But what a halfling knows of <RACE>s?~

Should that be:

@18 = ~Strange, eh? I’d swear, ye were after more than a flingy. But what does a halfling knows of <PRO_RACE>s?~

hmmm..... well, I think it is you, unless I was wading through it --- I definitely cede it to you, though, because I am bogged down and under continuous shelling from bugfixes and code prep to allow the installer to work on both Tutu and BGT. Not that I mind the excitement, I just keep feeling like there should be an Easy button around here somewhere...

I will be back in a second with the answer on the tokens.

Aaand:

<RACE> returns the speaker's race; <PRO_RACE> returns Player1's race ("Protagonist's race")

so it depends on context.

You are definitely welcome to join in, we could use the help! I will try to update the top post right now,; the TRA files to look at are in the TRA\english subdirectory of the v12 Beta, available on the project page :blush:

In that case, I guess I'll jump right in and start looking at X#IMINT.tra. :hm:

hmmm..... well, I think it is you, unless I was wading through it --- I definitely cede it to you, though, because I am bogged down and under continuous shelling from bugfixes and code prep to allow the installer to work on both Tutu and BGT. Not that I mind the excitement, I just keep feeling like there should be an Easy button around here somewhere...

I will be back in a second with the answer on the tokens.

Aaand:

<RACE> returns the speaker's race; <PRO_RACE> returns Player1's race ("Protagonist's race")

so it depends on context.

OK, then, put me down for P#CORLT. I'll do it as long as I've got a cold shower handy.

About the dialog token, Alora might be speaking to the PC, but I think that, to be on the safe side, it might be best to make the change. Either way, changing it to <PRO_RACE> wouldn't hurt.

Edit: Yikes. It does matter. If <RACE> returns the speaker's race, Alora would be claiming she knows nothing of halflings, which doesn't make sense. I'll make the change to <PRO_RACE>.

Wicked cool.. updating top post. I just integrated and tested everyone's work -- so far awesome. I need to do a complete rebuild and clean install, and test again with NI and DLTCEP; then I will have to bow out of updating until tomorrow afternoon. Please keep on sending the files - I just have to switch focus back to the bugfixes or I will not make the release deadline!

Important update: P#CORLT is *not* ready yet! I'm only 1/4 of the way through, although I hope to have it done by the end of the weekend.

I see that it is marked as integrated, but if it is integrated, then it's the old file, and contains several gramatical issues.

Archived