BG1NPC v12 TRA files log for Future Updates

cmorgan

Folks, your work is awesome, appreciated, and documented... I was finishing stuff too late (close to midnight) last night and must have sent a draft ReadMe to CamDawg rather than my full changed version (either that, or I was too tired and forgot to hit save... I will find out thursday when I sit down to clean up my workspace and get back in order).

Rest assured that all of you are documented and will be credited in the ReadMe and on the Project Team materials, along with Gorilym for OS X playtesting, WizWom for his fight materials, etc. I know none of you do this for the credit -- we all just want a great bug-less playing experience, and that is enough! - - but this is the way communities show how many people really care about doing the job right. We will have updates relatively soon for BGT materials, so I will work on getting those credits up and integrated at that time. Thank you so much for all of the work!

Having been stuck in a Quality Inn in northern New Jersey for a few days with an internet-less computer, I amused myself by reading a few more files - but unfortunately I wasn't able to post that I was looking at them. Still, they're not crossed off the list yet, so:

X#BRANW.tra

X#BRINT.tra

X#DAVI.tra

X#MOINT.tra

X#MONTARON.tra

X#PCBURY1.tra

X#PCBURY.tra

have been zipped and emailed. Might have time for a couple more tonight, even. :)

I've found what I believe to be a typo in a sound file reference.

It's in X#ADDIAL.tra, line 421, and it's rather trivial, since the sound file is for Boo.

It references [GAM_48]

I believe it should be [_GAM_48] because that's what all Boo's squeaks are. Is this correct?

Was a decision ever made on this? I'm reading Minsc's file right now and so far I've only seen [GAM_48]. Does this need to be changed?

I just checked the resources with DLTCEP, and the file is [GAM_48].

I will go catch that in the submitted file, berelinde -- sorry I took so long to check! I cannot find reference to _GAME_48, _AME_48, or _AM_48, so we will just go with the regular resource name.

Always a glutton for punishment, I'll take

X#AJINT.tra

X#AJPCFL.tra

X#ALINT.tra

X#ALORA.tra

X#ALORAN.tra

X#ALOREPL.tra

And I have to catch some things I've missed elsewhere in Ajantis' LT file. I was so careful, but it seems like I missed a double negative and did not clarify one instance of an unusually long and complicated sentence.

Say, cmorgan, I notice that some of the files that were still in review when the official v12 was released are now marked as integrated into BG1 NPC. Does this mean that if I were to download it now, those files would be included in their proofread version?

If you like, I'll go back to ADDIAL.tra and find the instances of [_GAM_48] and replace them with [GAM_48] and send you the corrected copy.

That would be great, berelinde... the marked-as-integrated means I actually looked at the files and put them in the TRA/english subdirctory of the local version. It will be in the next release, which will be just as soon as I can get this darned code to install correctly on BGT. None of the work that I have posted after the Sunday Midnight before the Anniversary is included in the regular version yet. Most of that marking is so Immortality and Yarpen know we are getting close to sending them the translation package!

Very well, then I will see how much I can get done before you get BGT sorted.

We are so close to being done! I'm so excited.

I shouldn't say this, but it is satisfying to see previous errors in punctuation, etc. appear in the game in proofread form.

For a little light reading last week, I spent a fair amount of time reading Webster's Universal Grammar Dictionary, and it was an eye opener. It seems that a lot of punctuation rules have changed since I learned grammar. Apparently, commas are no longer required to separate independent clauses in American usage. Still, it just looks wrong without them, and our Anglo-English readers will probably appreciate their inclusion.

Apparently, commas are no longer required to separate independent clauses in American usage. Still, it just looks wrong without them, and our Anglo-English readers will probably appreciate their inclusion.

As will those of us (like me) with UK parentage who just happen to have been born on this side of the Pond... it just looks wrong to say

"While I appreciate the punctuation I no longer wish to use it." Or worse "While commas, periods and quotes are in usage we like to ignore clauses."

Sorry, just gotta fix it...

"While I appreciate the punctuation, I no longer wish to use it." Or worse "While commas, periods, and quotes are in usage, we like to ignore clauses."

Apparently, commas are no longer required to separate independent clauses in American usage.

As will those of us (like me) with UK parentage who just happen to have been born on this side of the Pond... it just looks wrong to say

I've been ignoring the Chicago Manual of Style for years. They stopped being a reasonable book to follow about 1970, and it is appearant they aren't correcting themselves.

My English teachers would never stand for anything less than correct, as defined by grammar rules that let you understand things like the U.S. Constitution, Declaration of Independence, Hemmingway and such like.

Archived