Multi-class item restrictions

yarpen

The multiclasses are assigned bits in .ITM files with the other base classes: look at offset 0x1e.

I don't think you can assign a kit the unusability flag of a base class different from its own base class, though you could try listing it as a mage/thief kit in KITLIST.2DA by assigning it as belonging to class number 13 (MAGE_THIEF). That might not work; if it doesn't it may not be possible.

I don't think you can assign a kit the unusability flag of a base class different from its own base class, though you could try listing it as a mage/thief kit in KITLIST.2DA by assigning it as belonging to class number 13 (MAGE_THIEF). That might not work; if it doesn't it may not be possible.

I seem to remember reading that they get what unusability flags you assign them plus that of their base class.

I seem to remember reading that they get what unusability flags you assign them plus that of their base class.

Yeah, but you can't assign them the flags of a base class different to their own.

If you assign it a multiclass it won't show up in the character selection process.

Yes. This is why you can not give a kitted cleric access to, say, swords without also doing so for unkitted clerics.

Yeah, but you can't assign them the flags of a base class different to their own.

Sure you can, but it only works in one direction--unusabilities stack, but not vice versa. So you can assign kensai flags to a cleric kit to make a character unable to use kensai stuff in addition to cleric restrictions. The opposite is untrue: you can not assign a berserker kit to a cleric class and *gain* access to edged weapons that berserkers can use. You would end up with cleric restrictions plus lose anything that berserkers can't use as well.

Archived